Technical Team Leader, Product Factory, Digital Financial Advisory, St Albans
Your opportunity Do you want to work with, and lead, a diverse technology team delivering truly business-changing products?
If so, the DFA Product Factory is somewhere that you can do just that.
We are at the heart of the strategic, long term and digitally-focused roadmap. We leverage the deep heritage of Deloitte and the amazing Intellectual Property within the firm to challenge the old and influence what is yet to happen.
We have the agility and mindset of a start-up, within the ecosystem of a $40bn global enterprise.
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us. Your role
The Product Factory, in St Albans, is a multi-location and highly diverse group that uses cloud-first, best of breed, software and technology to deliver innovative and impactful solutions to some of our clients most complex problems.
This role is primarily to be a delivery-focused leader in this space. You will lead from the front whilst being a technical reference for your team. You will be a key figure across the wider group.
In return for your continued success and commitment, we will provide you with a comprehensive training program, structured career path and chance to grow your portfolio of skills and lead at what you do best.
Accountability, leadership and technological innovation are all keywords for this opportunity.
Your work, your choice
- As a Technical Team Leader you will
- Provide trusted and respected leadership to a diverse software development and technology team building highest-quality products and services
- Lead the design, coding, testing and implementation of solutions
- Work with Product Managers to capture, write and adapt product visions and produce high quality user stories that the team can develop and test
- Oversee the complete development lifecycle for products and applications
- Understand the importance of unit testing (manual and automated) whilst constantly looking for opportunities to improve code quality
- Evaluate new technologies to expand the scope of the team's work and identify opportunities for improvement and greater efficiency
- Have a broader perspective of potential issues encountered when managing diverse teams and the strategies to overcome them having a clear understanding of the firm's commitment to creating a more inclusive culture
- Support project management with release and roadmap planning;
- Encourage and evangelize the use of Agile and Lean engineering practices
- Continually improve yourself and your team
- Use your deep experience in the field to develop and enhance your team's skillset and professionalism. Ideally, the team would look back on their time with you and recognize you as a key influencer
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
St Albans with occasional travel to London (and rare travel to other UK locations).
Although flexible, ideally this is a full time and permanent contract opportunity.
There is the option to vary working hours, with support to work from home on occasion (1 day per week, once established). Your professional experience
Required, a significant and wide experience of:
- Enterprise .Net (C#) software development with clear examples of use of AGILE (Scrum), source control, unit testing, system design & project management tools
- Software development accountability and technical leadership
- Exposure to Cloud services e.g AWS (preferred) or Azure
- Mentor to / coaching of junior team members
- Stakeholder management / Product Owner liaison
- RESTful API Development using WebAPI / Node / Serverless
- Database design and development
Additional desirable (nice to have) experience includes:
Your service line: Financial Advisory
- Knowledge of other client-side UI frameworks (e.g. React / VUE)
- Exposure to multiple Cloud services (e.g AWS / Azure / GCP)
- Any of the following: Java / Python / Node / Ruby / F#
- Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery tools & methods (e.g. TeamCity / Bamboo / Jenkins / VSTS)
- Reporting and data visualisation tools (e.g. Tableau, Qlikview, D3, HighCharts)
- Understanding of the financial services industry
- Experience in one of the Big 4.
Advising clients in the moments that define their business takes multiple layers of expertise. Much more than due-diligence, this is about diverse teams of specialists coming together, crossing service lines and international borders to tackle the many, complex issues involved in major transactions. And we have one of the broadest networks in the business. Here, you'll find fascinating, career-building projects, market leading approaches, cutting-edge resources, huge clients and inspirational colleagues. As well as opportunities to develop a deep industry or product specialism. About Deloitte Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent. What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world. Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Malta, the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,500 partners and over 40,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people. What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways.
We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2018 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families
for the eighth consecutive year, and to have been listed in The Times Top 50 Employers for Women
for each of the last four years. Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work - and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we're looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
WPFULL SLFINA BAFRSC BAPROD CFTECH
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
© 2019 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 173326