DevOps Engineer, Product Factory, Digital Financial Advisory, St Albans
Your opportunity Are you naturally curious about the world and making things better?
Our Product Factory is. We make use of the deep heritage of Deloitte and the amazing Intellectual Property (IP) within the firm to challenge the old and influence what is yet to happen. We design technology assets that solve our clients' most complex challenges in a swift and radical way through the agility of a start-up, within the ecosystem of a $35bn global business.
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us. Your role
To become the undisputed leader in professional services by 2020 Deloitte has made Innovation a centerpiece of its investment strategy. It is critical to solving our clients' toughest problems; attracting and retaining the best talent and ultimately, ensuring the future success of our firm by turning disruption into opportunity.
To support this exciting strategic initiative, this is your opportunity to join Deloitte's rapidly growing Financial Advisory Product Factory team based in St Albans. The Product Factory team harness innovative technology and the latest programming techniques to solve our clients' most complex and immediate issues. The team designs and builds innovative solutions to compliance and risk issues in the financial crime and regulatory fields and provide specialist services to large and complex data-driven projects throughout the wider firm.
Our rapidly expanding team comprises a group of specialists drawn from a wide range of different professional and technical backgrounds. If your background is in development, you will find opportunities to both grow your portfolio of skills and lead at what you do best. In return for your continued success, interest and commitment, we will provide you with a variety of interesting tasks, a comprehensive training program and a structured career path.
As typical with our business, the team will work in a highly agile and flexible way, supporting a diverse range of client, business and technical requirements.
As a DevOps Engineer, you will be part of a small, dedicated Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) team within the Product Factory tasked with building and maintaining cloud infrastructure, supporting operations and automating manual processes. In this role you will:
Your work, your choice
- Understand what it takes to deliver and support high quality solutions that align to the needs of our clients based on the AWS platform in an Agile environment;
- Be passionate about Cloud technology and Cloud adoption, constantly evaluating new services and acting as an evangelist across the Financial Advisory service line;
- Develop and build upon our CI/CD platform;
- Be a problem solver, troubleshooting and improving existing DevOps processes as well as providing support and advice for development teams;
- Be curious and want to develop your knowledge of current and future technologies and how they can be leveraged at Deloitte;
- Liaise closely with our Deloitte Cloud team to ensure our platforms align with company and global standards spending some time on location with the team.
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Your home office will be St Albans, where almost 210 employees work across Forensic, Tax and Audit & Assurance.
Permanent full-time Your professional experience
- Experience in building platforms in AWS (preferably serverless application stacks);
- Experience of automation and provisioning approaches, using tools such as Terraform, CloudFormation or similar;
- Knowledge of agile software development tools and methodologies such as Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD), Version Control Systems (VCS), DevOps principles;
- Strong verbal and written skills, with the ability to work effectively across internal and external organisations;
Your service line: Financial Advisory
- AWS qualifications to support knowledge
- Design and implementation of "secure by design" systems in the cloud
- Experience of development or scripting
- Experience with container-based development approaches
Advising clients in the moments that define their business takes multiple layers of expertise. Much more than due-diligence, this is about diverse teams of specialists coming together, crossing service lines and international borders to tackle the many, complex issues involved in major transactions. And we have one of the broadest networks in the business. Here, you'll find fascinating, career-building projects, market leading approaches, cutting-edge resources, huge clients and inspirational colleagues. As well as opportunities to develop a deep industry or product specialism. About Deloitte
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent. What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world. Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Malta, the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,500 partners and over 40,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people. What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways.
We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2018 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families
for the eighth consecutive year, and to have been listed in The Times Top 50 Employers for Women
for each of the last four years. Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work - and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we're looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
WPFULL SLFINA BAFRSC BAFRSC BAFRSC LOCALB BAPROD CFTECH
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
© 2019 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 171877