The Technology Product Owner manages the features, benefits, performance, security and risk of a specific technology solution/ portfolio of solutions. The role is responsible for the Run and Change of the technology solution(s) within Quilter risk appetite and cost profile, ensuring ongoing delivery of fit-for-purpose functionality that the technology solution(s) provide to the business unit / function.
About the Role
Key Responsibilities and Scope of role:
Technology Product Delivery
- Leads, delivers and maintains a defined portfolio of technology products and services to enable a subset of a business or function’s strategic goals and deliver well designed, operationally resilient technology solutions.
- Owns product delivery (via appropriate methodologies) across Run and Change for assigned technology products.
- Manages the lifecycle of products from inception, analysis, design, development, and testing through to delivery and maintenance.
- Manages cross functional technology teams responsible for all activities across the full technology stack, delivering business and technology-driven change, maintenance tasks and continuous improvement.
- Remediates the risk profile of the products through lifecycle management, mitigating impediments, removing blockers and identifying, resolving and communicating risks and issues to stakeholders.
- Provides effective stakeholder communication, acting as a key point of contact for the relevant technology products.
- Delivers security and resilience by design in accordance with policies and standards (technology, information security, resilience, data governance, etc.).
- Ensures product development is aligned the Quilter Technology Strategy and roadmaps.
- Monitors product delivery against defined metrics and KPIs.
Technology Supplier Management
- Maintains oversight and ownership of IT Suppliers engaged in delivering technology solutions, including supplier onboarding, performance and exit.
- Develops and maintains a sustainable plan for Technology Suppliers engaged in delivering technology solutions, including performance, spend and status.
- Ensures a single view of Technology Supplier risks for the technology solution and drives a prioritised risk mitigation process.
- Seeks opportunities for continuous improvement, optimisation and innovation in technology solutions and services by translating business / function requirements into improved service provisioning.
- Manages the decommissioning of legacy technologies.
- Inputs into communities of practice to support the development of best practice and standards.
Leadership and People Management
- Provides clear directions to team members about business priorities and performance expectations.
- Deploys teams in an effective way, balancing delivery of goals with skill development.
- Encourages collaboration, teamwork and open communication within the team and across the function.
- Demonstrates commitment to change and actively supports others to adapt to changing circumstances gaining buy-in and commitment through effective involvement and communication.
- Maximises performance in the team through regular check-ins to support continuous improvement.
- Provides effective feedback and coaching to team members and identifies development needs to support employees.
Key Behavioural Skills:
- Effectively manages change and initiates new and improved ways of working which positively impact our customers.
- Communicates with clarity and impact; demonstrates excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills.
- Objectively and systematically analyses problems and risks in order to develop appropriate solutions.
- Agile – makes decisions within remit and executes in fast, simple and focused way.
- Collaborates effectively with stakeholders and colleagues to positively impact results and deliver effective customer outcomes.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders, colleagues and suppliers.
- Ability to successfully influence, persuade and challenge stakeholders.
- Strong leadership capability, engaging, motivating, coaching and developing individuals to meet their career goals and those of the organisation.
- Builds organisation capability, leading, championing and investing in own and the team's technical skills development, looking outwardly to keep up to date with technology advances and utilising knowledge to deliver new and innovative solutions to our customers.
- Maintains focus and drive for results operating calmly in high pressure situations.
- Demonstrates credibility, professionalism and strong personal integrity and acts as a role model for the Quilter values – Pioneering, Dependable, Stronger Together.
- Educated to degree Level.
- COBIT 5, Agile, ITIL, Development qualifications all desirable – specialist technology qualification e.g. Microsoft MVP.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Strong technology background, including significant experience managing development and technical teams and deliverables including new and emerging technologies
- Proven track record within a wide variety of IT roles, including systems analysis, architecture, development and project management.
- Understanding of technology best practices and trends together with their application within a business context.
- Knowledge of a wide variety of technologies in-depth experience of at least one of the following;
- Digital development, including .NET and development frameworks
- Application and Data Integration
- Data Development and Data Warehousing
- Experience in implementing DevOps best practices.
- Demonstrable experience in managing and delivering through multi-disciplinary teams.
- Credible experience of delivering complex technology.
- Proven experience of working with, managing and delivering through third party suppliers.
- Financial services experience desirable.
- Working understanding of information security concept and tools.
No matter what job you do you should feel valued and appreciated. That's why we offer a competitive total reward package, which enables our employees to share in the success they help to create.
Holiday: 26 days
Quilter Incentive Scheme: All employees are eligible to participate in our incentive scheme, based on the company's performance and their contribution to it
Pension Scheme: 10% non-contributory company pension scheme that can be boosted through personal contributions
Private Medical Insurance: Single cover as standard, cover can be increased at your own cost
Life Assurance: 4x your salary, cover can be increased at your own cost
Income Protection: 75% of salary payable after 26 weeks of absence
In addition to our core benefits we offer a range of flexible benefits that you can choose from and pay for conveniently via a salary deduction.
Quilter is a leading provider of advice, investments and wealth management in the UK and internationally. Managing over £100 billion of investments on behalf of over 900,000 customers, we operate in one of the largest wealth markets in the world – and one that is growing.
At Quilter, we're committed to creating an inclusive culture that embraces diversity. We promote equal opportunities and make sure no applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, marital status, nationality, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. We select candidates for interview based purely on their skills, qualifications, experience and potential.