The Strategic Supplier Manager role will help to maintain a robust governance and oversight framework for the pro-active management of the OMIP key suppliers. Ensuring that these suppliers provide efficient, well governed and measured services covering both operational and commercial aspects of the relationship, including where appropriate in line with Regulatory requirements in the Financial Services Sector, particularly around Outsourced Services.
Stakeholder engagement, close interaction with ‘Supplier Relationship Owners’ (‘SRO’) along with Business managers is also key, so that all aspects of the relationship are effectively interlocked & reported, evolving business needs are met and where necessary, any risks or other matters are escalated and managed to resolution.
The role also has an internal facing element to aid operational areas apply necessary oversight to third parties to ensure needs are met, often being the conduit between Quilter and the third party to ensure appropriate decisions and actions are taken.
About the Role
- Preparation of governance, service delivery and performance management materials for key FNZ joint governance committees, as well as minute taking to ensure that accurate records and actions are captured.
- Liaise with action owners to ensure these are completed in a timely manner. Attendance and input at regular governance forums; both with suppliers and internally.
- Coordinate the half yearly policy attestation with FNZ, to ensure that they continue to operate in accordance with Quilter policy requirements, and other third parties as required.
- Manage the governance calendar to ensure business readiness to review and/or input into third party assessments e.g. FNZ Internal Controls Assessment and business continuity and information security programmes of activity.
- Support the annual Supplier Management oversight review for all relevant third parties
Performance Management and Reporting
- Preparation of presentations to demonstrate that appropriate oversight and governance is in place for key third parties, and that they are operating in line with expected service delivery metrics or actions are in place if not.
- Coordinate work to periodically monitor the accuracy and reliability of SLAs and ensure they continue to deliver value to end customers.
- Identify and track trends within MI to aid necessary process improvement and prioritise fixes
Management of Strategic Supplier Risks
- Manage the quarterly RCSA process for the team.
- Coordinate activity to demonstrate that the requirements of the Senior Managers Framework in relation to Third Party Management and Outsourcing have been appropriately discharged.
- Coordination with audit and risk any supplier audits and reviews.
Contract and Commercial Management
- Ensure a robust audit trail of new contracts and contract changes and that all records are up to date on the contracts management system.
- Be accountable for ensuring OMW hold signed copies of all contract documentation, side letters and notices.
- To identify improvement and efficiencies in all contract and finance processes related to the assigned strategic suppliers.
Process and Procedures
- To participate in improvements to the Strategic Suppler Management standard, increasing efficiency and driving the right behaviours from suppliers whilst ensuring full audit compliance.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Excellent organisational skills
- Proven experience managing processes and coordinating the activity of others to ensure that required outcomes and timelines are met. Ideally experience implementing and refining processes.
- Effective communication skills, with an ability to interact with stakeholders at all levels of the organisation and those of the Third Parties with which the team interact and manage services.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite of products, in particular PowerPoint and Word.
- Ability to digest information and present minutes and actions in a succinct and clear manner.
- Proficiency in effective minuting of key joint strategic forums, pack builds, and action follow up.
Key Behavioural Skills:
- Strong customer focus
- Ability to build internal and external relationships
- Highly self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Ability to work well under pressure and hit time sensitive deadlines
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Open to, and advocate of, new ideas and change
- Listening to others and talking honestly
- Owning and delivering on their decisions
- To behave in a manner which supports a culture of high performance, empowerment, accountability and professionalism at all times.
- Confident at communicating across all levels of the organisation
No matter what job you do you should feel valued and appreciated. That's why we offer a competitive total reward package, which enables our employees to share in the success they help to create.
Holiday: 26 days
Quilter Incentive Scheme: All employees are eligible to participate in our incentive scheme, based on the company's performance and their contribution to it
Pension Scheme: 10% non-contributory company pension scheme that can be boosted through personal contributions
Benefit Allowance: A cash benefit allowance is payable in lieu of some of our core benefits.
Quilter is a leading provider of advice, investments and wealth management in the UK and internationally. Managing over £100 billion of investments on behalf of over 900,000 customers, we operate in one of the largest wealth markets in the world – and one that is growing.
At Quilter, we're committed to creating an inclusive culture that embraces diversity. We promote equal opportunities and make sure no applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, marital status, nationality, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. We select candidates for interview based purely on their skills, qualifications, experience and potential.