Scrum Masters work with delivery teams to drive process excellence through Agile delivery. The Scrum Master optimises the productivity of teams and works with Product Owners to bring new functionality and technical improvements to realisation.
About the Role
Key Responsibilities and Scope of role:
- Applies best practices in Agile ways of working to drive the efficiency of teams and to deliver against business objectives.
- Facilitates daily scrums and and coordinates all agile events including sprint planning (forecasting, managing to time, cost and quality of the deliverables in each sprint), daily stand-ups and manages dependencies including 3rd party liaison.
- Facilitates sprint retrospective meetings, using outputs to improve the delivery of subsequent sprints and drive continuous improvement.
- Engages with partners across the business to manage blockers to optimise performance.
- Removes impediments and aligns all parties to ensure delivery of the right solution.
- Works with the Product Owner to ensure the product backlog on Kan Ban boards and ALM tools (e.g. Jira) is clearly defined ready for the next sprint.
- Maintains compliance with Quilter guidelines and governance controls, to ensure consistency in Agile practices so that change is introduced safely.
- Coordinates reporting to articulate delivery progress, risks, issues, team performance and key decisions.
- Assesses the Agile maturity of teams and instils a culture of continuous improvement and practical problem solving.
- Develops strong and trusted relationships with Product Owners, other business stakeholders and suppliers.
- Keeps up-to-date with knowledge of Agile best practices/trends and contributes to improving processes across Quilter through the communities of practice.
- Inputs into communities of practice to support the development of best practice and standards.
Key Behavioural Skills:
- Embraces change and initiates new and better ways of working to deliver positive customer outcomes.
- Communicates confidently and effectively, at all levels, both in written and verbal form.
- Analytical mind set, able to use data and metrics to drive actions and develop solutions for our customers.
- Agile – makes decisions within remit and executes in fast, simple and focused way.
- Embraces a collaborative working environment to achieve shared objectives.
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to build and maintain positive working relationships.
- Able to positively influence and persuade others.
- Strong organisation and planning skills to manage a wide variety of tasks, processes and responsibilities.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Self-motivated with a strong results focus, takes the initiative to drive disciplined delivery of objectives.
- Develops own capability, looking outwardly to keep up to date with advances in technology and utilises knowledge to support the delivery of new and innovative solutions to our customers.
- Demonstrates credibility, professionalism and strong personal integrity and acts as a role model for the Quilter values – Pioneering, Dependable, Stronger Together.
- Educated to degree Level.
- One of more of CSM / A-CSM / PSM / APMG.
- ITIL, development qualifications all desirable.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Proven experience as a Scrum Master within a Scrum/Agile software environment.
- Expert knowledge of the Scrum Methodology.
- Knowledge and experience with Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe).
- Strong technology background, including significant experience managing development and technical teams.
- Experience in implementing DevOps best practices is desired.
- Proven experience in managing and delivering through multi-disciplinary teams and through third party suppliers.
- Experience driving innovation and challenging the status quo.
- Credible experience of delivering complex technology solutions.
- Effective, professional written / presentation skills essential.
- Financial services experience desirable.
No matter what job you do you should feel valued and appreciated. That's why we offer a competitive total reward package, which enables our employees to share in the success they help to create.
Holiday: 26 days
Quilter Incentive Scheme: All employees are eligible to participate in our incentive scheme, based on the company's performance and their contribution to it
Pension Scheme: 10% non-contributory company pension scheme that can be boosted through personal contributions
Private Medical Insurance: Single cover as standard, cover can be increased at your own cost
Life Assurance: 4x your salary, cover can be increased at your own cost
Income Protection: 75% of salary payable after 26 weeks of absence
In addition to our core benefits we offer a range of flexible benefits that you can choose from and pay for conveniently via a salary deduction.
Quilter is a leading provider of advice, investments and wealth management in the UK and internationally. Managing over £100 billion of investments on behalf of over 900,000 customers, we operate in one of the largest wealth markets in the world – and one that is growing.
At Quilter, we're committed to creating an inclusive culture that embraces diversity. We promote equal opportunities and make sure no applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, marital status, nationality, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. We select candidates for interview based purely on their skills, qualifications, experience and potential.