Internal Audit Senior Manager - National Markets (Reading/Southampton)
- Competitive plus negotiable benefits
- Southampton, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 15 Feb 19
Within IARCS, we have an opportunity for a Senior Manager to join the team based in the London office. The role will be particularly attractive to those who have experience or knowledge of internal audit within a large corporates environment.
As a senior manager in IARCS there will be opportunities to work on a variety of engagements covering the spectrum of services that we provide including:
- reviewing and establishing internal audit functions
- creating audit plans
- delivery of individual and/or a programme of internal audit projects
- partnering with clients to supply specialist or additional resource
- process improvement projects
- risk identification workshops and control reviews
- control and risk self-assessment training and delivery
- Sarbanes Oxley advisory services and delivery, including implementation projects and ingoing SOX testing
- corporate governance reviews
- risk management, governance and internal audit advisory services
The responsibilities for this role include:
- Spotting, pursuing and winning opportunities in conjunction with the wider practice
- Retaining management responsibility for a portfolio of clients, maintains relationships with senior client staff and is responsible for the financial performance of these accounts
- Demonstrating a detailed understanding of how current and emerging legal, regulatory, governance, auditing, accounting and financial reporting standards affect their clients
- Undertaking KPMG's risk management and client acceptance and continuance procedures
- Keeping up to date with all industry specific issues and circumstances which affect their clients
- Developing audit strategies which address all audit, client service and project management issues, in accordance with the KPMG internal audit methodology
- Recognising where specialists are required and involves other KPMG staff, managing their input
- Reviewing the audit evidence obtained ensuring it is sufficient
- Ensuring work in progress in monitored and controlled and fees are raised promptly
- Able to spot and exploit additional fee billing possibilities
- Planning and allocating staff resources to fulfil business requirements
- Setting objectives with the team, provides support and coaching to more junior staff and feeds back on performance
- Reporting to partners/directors all salient points arising from assignments
- Identifying and developing new opportunities for KPMG to work with clients and targets
- Assisting partners in general business development
Other ad hoc responsibilities which may include:
- Graduate recruitment interviews
- Counselling/appraisals of junior staff
- Forecasting and reporting on client engagements
- Fully qualified (IIA, CCAB, ICAEW or equivalent).
- Managing Internal Audit and/or risk management engagements, preferably including experience of managing Global teams.
- Private sector and/or professional services experience within the corporate sector is essential.
- SOX testing experience and implementation projects is beneficial.
- Experience of dealing directly with Senior Management (Board and Audit Committee level).
- Commercial awareness and the ability to be flexible to adapt recommendations to client situations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Interpersonal and facilitation
- Ability and willingness to think 'outside the box'
- Mobility / flexibility