The IT Infrastructure Engineer supports the configuration, implementation, maintenance and development of IT Infrastructure services across the Quilter group. The role contributes to the delivery of resilient and scalable IT infrastructure solutions and services.
About the Role
Key Responsibilities and Scope of role:
Community of Practice
- Inputs into the IT Infrastructure standards, governance and risk management processes to ensure cost effective, timely and appropriate approaches are utilised.
- Ensures adherence to the IT Infrastructure Strategy, standards and processes ensuring consistency, optimisation, continuous improvement and best practice are embedded in IT Infrastructure processes.
- Contributes to continuous improvement within the IT Infrastructure community of practice, recommending technical developments to improve performance of the IT Infrastructure to better meet business needs.
- Provides subject matter expertise and operational best practice support for IT Infrastructure technologies informed by an understanding of evolving industry trends. Provides general expertise across the whole IT Infrastructure remit.
IT Infrastructure Deployment and Maintenance
- Configures, maintains, implements and develops the assigned technology platform builds, automation systems, scripting, MI and ancillary components helping to detect and report issues before they impact on the business and ensuring the IT Infrastructure is current, resilient and secure.
- Ensures the performance levels and the provision of IT Infrastructure services meets agreed service levels.
- Delivers against the priorities for the ongoing growth, maintenance, upgrade and replacement of IT Infrastructure components in line with Quilter risk appetite and business demand.
- Provides 24x7 BAU support of the assigned domain.
- Contributes to the effective delivery of IT Infrastructure projects and their interdependencies, aligned to the IT Infrastructure roadmaps, risk rated IT Infrastructure priorities, and wider Quilter Change portfolio.
- Inputs into the technical design process for projects and the operational running of the IT estate.
- Provides technical input to the incident resolution process working with IT Operations to conduct root cause analysis and identify processes for improvement.
- Supports the creation and maintenance of high quality data sources for IT asset management information.
- Collaborates with 3rd party suppliers with a focus on ensuring the IT Infrastructure technology services remain compliant with standards and policy and that Quality KPIs are met.
Key Behavioural Skills:
- Embraces change and initiates new and better ways of working to deliver positive customer outcomes.
- Communicates confidently and effectively, at all levels, both in written and verbal form.
- Analytical mind set, able to use data and metrics to drive actions and develop solutions for our customers.
- Agile – makes decisions within remit and executes in fast, simple and focused way.
- Embraces a collaborative working environment to achieve shared objectives.
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to build and maintain positive working relationships.
- Able to positively influence and persuade others.
- Strong organisation and planning skills to manage a wide variety of tasks, processes and responsibilities.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Self-motivated with a strong results focus, takes the initiative to drive disciplined delivery of objectives.
- Develops own capability, looking outwardly to keep up to date with advances in technology and utilises knowledge to support the delivery of new and innovative solutions to our customers.
- Demonstrates credibility, professionalism and strong personal integrity and acts as a role model for the Quilter values – Pioneering, Dependable, Stronger Together.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Relevant vendor certifications desirable
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Windows Server Operating Systems (2000 – 2019)
- Windows System Centre Suite (SCCM, SCOM, Scorch)
- Windows Clustering
- Windows PowerShell
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Microsoft Azure / Infrastructure as code
- VMware vSphere 6.x / 7.x
- VMware vCenter 6.x / 7.x
- VMware Site Recovery Manager
- VMware vRealise Operations Manager
- VMware PowerCLi
- Unix / Linux Operating Systems (RHEL, AIX)
- Enterprise Intel Hardware (Blade and Chassis as well as rackmount devices)
- Incident, Problem and Change management
- Third party supplier operations (Hardware vendors and software suppliers)
- IT Security controls
- Azure, IaC, AWS, Terraform, Globalscape
No matter what job you do you should feel valued and appreciated. That's why we offer a competitive total reward package, which enables our employees to share in the success they help to create.
Holiday: 26 days
Quilter Incentive Scheme: All employees are eligible to participate in our incentive scheme, based on the company's performance and their contribution to it
Pension Scheme: 10% non-contributory company pension scheme that can be boosted through personal contributions
Benefit Allowance: A cash benefit allowance is payable in lieu of some of our core benefits
In addition to our core benefits we offer a range of flexible benefits that you can choose from and pay for conveniently via a salary deduction.
Quilter is a leading provider of advice, investments and wealth management in the UK and internationally. Managing over £100 billion of investments on behalf of over 900,000 customers, we operate in one of the largest wealth markets in the world – and one that is growing.
At Quilter, we're committed to creating an inclusive culture that embraces diversity. We promote equal opportunities and make sure no applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, marital status, nationality, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. We select candidates for interview based purely on their skills, qualifications, experience and potential.