The Finance Manager/Business Analyst plays a supporting role within the Finance team in aiding the structure of the enterprise in terms of its business processes, and business information. The role holder will help the business align strategic goals and objectives with decisions regarding key financial processing; organization; capabilities; and key business initiatives with a specific focus on; - Migration of multiple General Ledgers to a new single General Ledger on the strategic ERP system for Quilter; Workday. - Production of the relevant financial, regulatory and liquidity reports for the Business Unit, completing and monitoring the relevant financial controls.
The Business Analyst will support the team in defining improved processes and ways of working within Finance.
Quilter is a leading provider of advice, investments and wealth management in the UK and internationally. Managing over £100 billion of investments on behalf of over 900,000 customers, we operate in one of the largest wealth markets in the world – and one that is growing.
At Quilter, we're committed to creating an inclusive culture that embraces diversity. We promote equal opportunities and make sure no applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, marital status, nationality, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. We select candidates for interview based purely on their skills, qualifications, experience and potential.
About the Role
Key responsibilities and scope of the role
- Take a leading role in the design, testing and implementation of the new finance general ledger system and it’s production of key reporting outcomes including:
- Production of the monthly numbers for the Business Unit for review by the Financial Controller
- Applicable statutory, regulatory and liquidity reporting for the Business Unit, ensuring it adheres with all standards, policies and delivery deadlines
- Support the development and improvement of business processes
- Implement any required changes to financial reporting, systems and processes smoothly and efficiently.
- Build and maintain strong partnerships with the other members of the wider finance and business teams to share best practice and standards
- Engage with the provision of information for external auditors
- Define strategic, core and support processes that transcend functional and organisational boundaries; identify and describe external entities such as customers, suppliers, and external systems that interact with Finance; and describe which people, resources and controls are involved in the processes.
- Using analysis define the data shared across the enterprise
- Work with our Change Management experts to understand and manage opportunities, impacts and risks of any new change management initiative.
Key behavioural skills
- Be adept at the provision of a combination of soft skills, knowledge of business, system thinking, business analysis, change management techniques, awareness in business changes in the economic environment and technology.
- Have working knowledge of applicable Financial and Regulatory Reporting requirements (e.g. IFRS, SII)
- Demonstrate strong attention to detail
- Produce high quality, timely deliverables
- Work with agility and at pace with limited supervision, escalating as appropriate
- Show credibility, professionalism and strong personal integrity
- Evidence the ability to think about business in a way that is abstracted from how business functions are implemented by technology.
- Demonstrate Problem-solving Skills: Proactive approach to the resolution of problems and obstacles
- Demonstrate Communication Skills: an effective communicator who is able to relate problem solutions orally, graphically and in writing.
- Demonstrate Teamwork Spirit: work collaboratively with all stakeholders and third parties to build strong relationships, act as mentors to the team, support an environment of continual improvement and act as an ambassador for Change Management.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Qualified Accountant (2+ years PQE)
- Strong working knowledge of a Finance business and varying degrees of appreciation for its strategy, processes, and capabilities, enabling technologies, and governance
- Experience of working in a Finance function within Financial Services (including capital, regulatory and liquidity requirements) or Big 4 audit experience would be advantageous
- Knowledge of applicable Financial and Regulatory Reporting requirements (e.g. IFRS, SII)
- Familiarity with working with multiple stakeholders and to tight timescales in a delivery focused fashion
- Experience of working in a highly results-orientated, growth and performance driven environment, with a focus on excellence
- The ability to recognise structural issues within the organisation, functional interdependencies, and cross-silo redundancies,
- Extensive communication skills and the ability to communicate appropriately at all levels of the organisation; this includes written and verbal communications as well as visualisations,
- Strong analytical, inter-personal and presentation skills
- Team player able to work effectively at all levels of an organisation with the ability to facilitate, negotiate and influence others to move toward consensus.
No matter what job you do you should feel valued and appreciated. That's why we offer a competitive total reward package, which enables our employees to share in the success they help to create.
- Holiday: 26 days
- Quilter Incentive Scheme: All employees are eligible to participate in our incentive scheme, based on the company's performance and their contribution to it
- Pension Scheme: 10% non-contributory company pension scheme that can be boosted through personal contributions
- Benefit Allowance: A cash benefit allowance is payable in lieu of some of our core benefits.