The role is to support the Group and regulatory financial reporting requirements for the International entities as part of the actuarial team.
Quilter is a leading provider of advice, investments and wealth management in the UK and internationally. Managing over £100 billion of investments on behalf of over 900,000 customers, we operate in one of the largest wealth markets in the world – and one that is growing.
At Quilter, we're committed to creating an inclusive culture that embraces diversity. We promote equal opportunities and make sure no applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, marital status, nationality, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. We select candidates for interview based purely on their skills, qualifications, experience and potential.
About the Role
- Supporting the production of management and regulatory reports for International entities.
- Helping to maintain and develop a controlled working environment that complies with our agreed internal standards, regulatory requirements and other professional guidance/code.
- Take accountability for the accuracy and quality of work by following control processes and performing reasonableness/sense checking.
- Building a good relationship with other teams within Finance and providing support to ensure that key deadlines are met.
- Be aware of the implications of any changing regulations or business on our reporting processes. Updating existing processes as necessary to allow for any regulatory or business changes.
- Ensuring the reporting process documents are up-to-date and supporting the improvement of existing processes and procedures, to enhance both efficiency and quality of output.
- Developing and demonstrating corporate values at all times and be aware of personal impact on other team members and customers.
- This role is suited to someone who is adaptable, has a good eye for detail and who is keen to develop personally.
- Educated to degree level – at least Upper Second Class classification. The degree would ideally have a high mathematical content – e.g. mathematics, statistics or actuarial science – but other degrees would be considered if a very good grade in A level mathematics is held.
- Actuarial exams – evidence of competency with actuarial concepts is required with about half of the Core Principles subject passes achieved.
- Experience of working in actuarial reporting.
- Experienced in MS Office applications, especially Excel. Knowledge of SAS, MS Access or actuarial modelling software is also desirable
- Knowledge of UK and International regulatory regimes advantageous.
No matter what job you do you should feel valued and appreciated. That's why we offer a competitive total reward package, which enables our employees to share in the success they help to create.
- Holiday: 26 days
- Quilter Incentive Scheme: All employees are eligible to participate in our incentive scheme, based on the company's performance and their contribution to it
- Pension Scheme: 10% non-contributory company pension scheme that can be boosted through personal contributions
- Private Medical Insurance: Single cover as standard, cover can be increased at your own cost
- Life Assurance: 4x your salary, cover can be increased at your own cost
- Income Protection: 75% of salary payable after 26 weeks of absence
In addition to our core benefits we offer a range of flexible benefits that you can choose from and pay for conveniently via a salary deduction.