The Accounts Assistant will support the Finance Manager to produce the relevant financial, regulatory and liquidity reports for the Business Unit, completing the relevant financial controls.
Quilter is a leading provider of advice, investments and wealth management in the UK and internationally. Managing over £100 billion of investments on behalf of over 900,000 customers, we operate in one of the largest wealth markets in the world – and one that is growing.
At Quilter, we're committed to creating an inclusive culture that embraces diversity. We promote equal opportunities and make sure no applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, marital status, nationality, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. We select candidates for interview based purely on their skills, qualifications, experience and potential.
About the Role
Key Responsibilities and Scope of role:
- Support the production of the monthly numbers for the Business Unit
- Reconcile key balance sheet accounts and investigate reconciling items
- Support the Finance Manager in preparing the applicable statutory, regulatory and liquidity reporting for the Business Unit
- Make payments from relevant Banking Systems (as required)
- Contribute to the change agenda for the Business Unit finance function, which is part of Finance’s overall Optimisation programme
- Support the Finance Manager and Financial Controller in the provision of information for external auditors
- Ensure compliance with all finance policies and procedures
- Maintain a robust financial control environment
- Build and maintain strong partnerships with the other members of the wider finance team to share best practice and standards
- Assist in implementing any required changes to financial reporting, systems or procedures smoothly and efficiently
- Ensure all accounting and financial processes are fully documented and remain up-to-date, reflecting any changes in policy or regulation
Key Behavioural Skills:
- Ability to engage and consult senior colleagues
- Good communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to produce high quality, timely deliverables
- Developing knowledge of applicable Financial and Regulatory Reporting requirements (e.g. IFRS, SII)
- Credibility, professionalism and strong personal integrity Able to work in a complex and changing environment
- Embraces change and initiates new and better ways of working to deliver positive customer outcomes
- Proactive approach to the resolution of problems and obstacles, escalating issues as required
- Embraces a collaborative working environment to achieve shared objectives
- Acts as a role model for the Quilter values: Pioneering, Dependable, Stronger Together
- Working towards an accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent)
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Experience of working in a Finance function within Financial Services (including capital, regulatory and liquidity requirements) would be advantageous
- Familiarity with working with multiple stakeholders and to tight timescales in a delivery focused fashion
- Experience of working in a highly results-orientated, growth and performance driven environment, with a focus on excellence
- Ability to interrogate systems and navigate complex infrastructure
- Demonstrable track record of delivering on time and quality
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, Word etc.)
No matter what job you do you should feel valued and appreciated. That's why we offer a competitive total reward package, which enables our employees to share in the success they help to create.
- Holiday: 26 days
- Quilter Incentive Scheme: All employees are eligible to participate in our incentive scheme, based on the company's performance and their contribution to it
- Pension Scheme: 10% non-contributory company pension scheme that can be boosted through personal contributions
- Benefit Allowance: A cash benefit allowance is payable in lieu of some of our core benefits
In addition to our core benefits we offer a range of flexible benefits that you can choose from and pay for conveniently via a salary deduction.