UX Developer - 4020
- Sheffield, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Sopra Banking
- 19 Apr 19
UX Developer - 4020
Sopra Banking Software is a banking and specialist finance software vendor, and a major global digital player. We have been supporting banks and financial institutions for almost 50 years. With in-depth knowledge of the banking industry, banking customers, and innovative technologies. The triple focus allows us to build powerful and agile software solutions and to implement them through value -added use cases.
We are committed to employing a diverse and inclusive workforce where all our people can be themselves and success on merit. So if this sounds like a culture you would like to be part of then be assured that we will welcome your application.
We believe our people are our greatest asset. We actively encourage the professional development of our employees with on the job training, learning from our subject matter experts, access to our Sopra University e-learning, and the benefit of external training opportunities.
As part of our hiring process new employees will be required to pass a consumer credit check and DBS check If you have any concerns about this please raise them with the recruitment team.
Sopra Banking Software is currently seeking a UX Developer to join our R&D practice based from our Dunstable or Sheffield office locations. You will work closely with the existing UX Development team on a variety of Research and Development projects for our specialist financial services products. As an integral part of project teams you may be required to travel between Sopra Banking Software's offices or to customer sites as and when business requires.
The UX Developer's main responsibilities would be:
- Being part of a team working on a cutting edge low-code platform
- Build, and maintain highly performant, modular, extensible, re-usable and functional front-end component and services
- Collaborating closely with designers to build a Design System for a variety of web and mobile applications
- Write clear, consistent, and comprehensive documentation
- Ensure that code is appropriately commented and organised in a manner accessible to the team.
- Understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
Essential skills and technology experience:
- Experience in modern CSS and pre-processors, like Sass
- Experience with Cross-Browser compatibility issues, browser testing and debugging
- Able to articulate design ideas to UI/UX Designer
- Experience building visual interfaces for web and mobile applications
- Be passionate about clean code and code quality
- Experience in designing and implementing responsive layouts
- Experience working within TDD, and UI testing frameworks (i.e. Jasmine)
- Experience with State Management frameworks (i.e. Redux, NgRx) is abonus
- Experience developing inclusive, and accessible (a11y) web applications
- Familiarity with DevOps principles and supporting technologies (i.e. CI/CD, Docker) is a bonus
- Any experience with native or mobile development is a bonus
By joining the Sopra Banking Software team you will enjoy our excellent rewards and benefits schemes including 6% pension contribution, employee share scheme, an option to buy or sell holiday days, medical insurance, health cash plan, flexible working where possible, plus many more excellent benefits.