- Sheffield, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Sopra Banking
- 22 Apr 19
Sopra Banking Software is a banking and specialist finance software vendor, and a major global digital player. We have been supporting banks and financial institutions for almost 50 years. With in-depth knowledge of the banking industry, banking customers, and innovative technologies. The triple focus allows us to build powerful and agile software solutions and to implement them through value -added use cases.
We are committed to employing a diverse and inclusive workforce where all our people can be themselves and success on merit. So if this sounds like a culture you would like to be part of then be assured that we will welcome your application.
We believe our people are our greatest asset. We actively encourage the professional development of our employees with on the job training, learning from our subject matter experts, access to our Sopra University e-learning, and the benefit of external training opportunities.
As part of our hiring process new employees will be required to pass a consumer credit check and DBS check If you have any concerns about this please raise them with the recruitment team.
Sopra Banking have a requirement for a Service Architect to join their expanding team. This role is accountable for the effective delivery of the Service Designs/Service Models for all existing and future live services. The Service Architect will also work closely with the System and Technical Architects providing feedback to support improvement of service artefacts.
Working with Live Service Support and Operations, Finance, Projects & Programmes, Strategy and Pre-Sales, this role is an exciting opportunity to shape and mature the organisation and generate positive results enabling increased growth and effectiveness.
The Service Architect role will be pivotal in developing and maintaining business relationship with customers and the appropriate stakeholders to help identify growth opportunities and well-being of services. This element will ensure services are delivered in line with standard service catalogue and best practice processes to achieve cost effective service excellence.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop service design documentation for services aligned to the new strategic service model - ensuring all aspects of service design have been covered, that the documents provide sufficient detail to enable transition to live and enable cost effective ongoing support and delivery of the services. This will include planning for Service Operations and Support, encompassing SLAs to the service, support process, roles and responsibilities, tooling, skills and volume, etc.
- Work closely with the technical architects to develop an understanding of the solution architecture and the changes to service delivery driven by it.
- Ensure any changes to service, process, organisation, operating model and other aspects are captured throughout the design phase.
- During transitioning, act as the liaison between the technical work stream and BAU to assure and support the delivery of quality service designs on time.
- Provide a professional, integrated and effective Service Design support service to customers and internal delivery teams.
- Collect, produce and share service design artefacts and documentation
- Create and rapidly iterate service prototypes
- Create proposals, high and low level designs and other similar documentation.
- Organise and chair workshops with relevant stakeholders for the purpose of gathering relevant service data and gaining acceptance of proposed Service Models
- Contribute to the maintenance of the Service Catalogue
- Ensure that the core support processes (inc. Incident, Problem, Change and Request) are adhered to in the delivery of the Service Designs.
- All new and existing services
- Service organisation design.
- Service management process/procedure definition.
- Customer engagement (to agree processes & interfaces).
- Process work instructions.
- Service reporting design.
- Service management / design proposals to customers.
- Service management consultancy.
Essential Skills and Competencies:
- Service Architect / Designer experience
- Production of Low/High Level Service Designs
- Strong evidence based ability to deliver results
- Mature experience in designing and implementing Service Management capabilities including Service Implementation experience.
- Experience in selecting and applying service management principles, policies and techniques in internal and client operational environments
- Experience of delivering ICT services in accordance with ITIL framework methodologies
- Creative problem solving and analysis skills with an ability to identify develop and implement solutions to gaps to meet the needs of the business
- Previous experience of working in a fast paced delivery team. Including elements of Agile working, contributing architectural needs to definitions of done and success criteria.
- Excellent verbal and written (including presentation) communication, influencing and interpersonal skills
- In-depth knowledge of ITIL and related service frameworks (e.g. SIAM, COBIT etc.).
- Service Catalogue creation
- Understanding of corporate drivers such as the strategy, values and core behaviours.
- Ability to lead a workshop
- A detailed knowledge of service delivery concepts and techniques with strong operational understanding
- Educated at least to graduate level (or equivalent)
- ITIL Qualified
• Technical (IT) experience
• Knowledge of operating IT systems within Managed Service's environments
• Experience of developing Service Models for Cloud based Services.
• Project Management skills and experience
• Experience of modelling techniques and tools - process, applications, data and technology.
- Experience within a SIAM delivery model.
By joining the Sopra Banking Software team you will enjoy our excellent rewards and benefits schemes including 6% pension contribution, employee share scheme, an option to buy or sell holiday days, medical insurance, health cash plan, flexible working where possible, plus many more excellent benefits.