Senior IT Project Manager
- Sheffield, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- HSBC Bank plc
- 18 Apr 19
Senior IT Project Manager
Senior IT Project Manager
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
At HSBC, We are transforming technology in financial services, using the latest digital tools and methodologies to make our customers' banking experience simpler, better, faster and more secure.
To achieve this we have many exciting challenges ahead and are looking for people with a real passion for what they would like to do. Working with some of the best technology talent we are searching for technologists and enablers that will help support us on this journey.
As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
We are currently seeking an experienced individual to join this team in the role of Senior IT Project Manager. You will be the Senior IT Project Manager for global financial crime case management application. You will perform Project management for global case management applications, managing IT delivery and governance of the global case management product.
In this role, you will be:
- Managing delivery and governance of the output of a 60+ person team in-line with the global case management roadmap, supported by Project Lead and PMO resources
- Coordination of delivery across DevOps teams, Global Businesses and Global Functions
- Working with the Product Owners and Technical Product Manager to establish effective controls, procedures and quality assurance processes for the product
- Ensuring that work carried out by the products is in alignment with HSBC Group change methodologies
- Supporting the Teams/Pods to manage delivery proactively, balancing scope, schedule, resourcing, dependencies, communications, budget
- Managing relationships and coordinate work activities (including suppliers / subcontractors)
- Managing, monitoring and reporting progress, issues, dependencies, risks to steering committees and make recommendations to influence decision-making in order to maintain progress towards delivery and benefits realisation
- Leading and mentoring Project Lead and PMO resources
- Ensuring clear prioritisation of work across multiple Product Owners, in line with an ever changing and expanding product roadmap
- Ensuring skills and resources are appropriately matched to the software development needs in order to achieve benefits realisation
To be successful in this role you should meet the following requirements:
- Strong experience of IT Project Management
- Stakeholder management: including proven ability to work with senior stakeholders and business sponsors
- Delivery of complex programmes at pace, developing high performing interchanging teams to support delivery at each stage
- Planning and plan management: establishing plans across IT teams working with other PMs and tech leads, managing dependencies, risks and issues for end-to-end delivery
- Evidence of commerciality and ability to make key strategic decisions
- Negotiation skills: resources, budgets, schedules, scope creep
- Exemplary communication skills
- Proven ability to work across regions whilst maintaining a global perspective
- Strong resource and team management experience
- Proven implementation, change management and benefits realisation experience
- Financial and budget management
- Strong risk and issue management
- Vendor management
- Demonstrates teamwork, collaborating with varied technical and non-technical resources
The base location for this role is Sheffield
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment.
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC UK is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies.