Data Analyst - Financial Crime Analytics
- Up to £45,000 plus Benefits and Bonus
- Sheffield, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Maxfield Search
- 12 Feb 18 2018-02-12
My client is a leading bank with an excellent reputation and strong UK presence, looking for a Data Analyst to join the Group Financial Crime Analytics team based in South Yorkshire. The team is responsible for the configuration, oversight, governance and control of all processes related to the Transaction Monitoring models within a global remit. This role is responsible for contributing towards driving the Group Risk Analytics FCR model methodology, development and implementation.
- The ideal candidate will assist in operation, configuration and update of Transaction Monitoring models and systems plus requirements for source system changes.
- The role holder will work with medium and large data sets to manipulate, transform and enrich structured data and identify patterns and trends in data
- This is an individual contributor role responsible for model development, execution of applicable risk models and support to resolve IMR feedback
- Support change initiatives and escalate any concerns
- Implement company policy and contribute to the attainment of functional results
- Ensure the quality of tasks/services provided by colleagues, involving regular process checks or review of output by a co-worker and/or supervisor
- Provide advice and assistance through application of acquired knowledge
- Communicate technical/ sensitive information
- Provide general guidance/direction to mentor members of the team or develop their skills
- Understand and adhere to established policies and procedures in own team
- AML experience, preferably gained within a major wholesale bank
- Knowledge of data visualisation tools including Qlickview, SpotFire, Tableau or similar.
- Able to produce and interrogate complex analytical data sets using tools such as SAS, Python/R, Excel, Data Meer
- Understanding or experience in Anti Money Laundering, Payments, Compliance, Analytics, Risk Able to produce and interrogate complex analytical data
- Understanding business requirements and ability to convert these into positive systems changes
- Experience in data analysis within databases ( preferably Hadoop/Teradata) using SQL/HQL to analyse large datasets
- Excellent analytical skills with a good eye for detail and ability to draw and support conclusions from data trends.
- Proven ability to make actionable recommendations from data
- Awareness of business lines and the services/products they offer
- A working knowledge of Lotus Notes, Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, Visio and PowerPoint
- A flexible approach to working with the ability to travel
- Ability to work un supervised at times and direct own work
- Strong communication and presentation skills (both verbal and written) and ability to convey information in a way that is clear, succinct, and easily understood by non-analysts and senior executives