- Saint Helier, Channel Islands, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- 16 Nov 17
Relationship Manager, Priority
- Location: Saint Helier, Channel Islands, United Kingdom
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Please view Job Description for details.Relationship Manager - Priority Clients - West Africa (Jersey)
Acquire new International client relationships and deepen existing relationships through effective sales relationship management giving special focus to the personal wealth management needs and objectives of existing and prospective Standard Chartered Bank International clients. The role is to service existing clients in their banking and investment needs; cross sell our range of investment and lending products. In addition the role is to grow our client base by developing a prospect list and actively seeking new clients through branch referrals, client referrals, Wholesale Bank referrals and third party referrals. Planning, developing and supporting the business towards achieving sound profitable growth through the achievement of revenue & Assets Under Management (AUMs) targets and delivery of quality service.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Through referrals, leads and contacts from within Standard Chartered Group and beyond generate new business through actively selling the Bank's products and services to existing and new client base, within the area, in an efficient and "client friendly" manner to ensure revenue and growth targets are achieved.
- Utilising analysis to build and deepen existing relationships with existing clients in order to increase 'share of wallet' and revenue.
- Use own FX/Banking/Investments/Credit expertise as well as Bank product specialists to advise clients and sell products in these areas and develop investment management expertise.
- Keep abreast of customers' needs and conduct regular checks on market trends and competitors' programme offering and activities for target customer group so as to enable the local business and Group to initiate efforts to increase the attractiveness of the programme/product differentiation in respect of local/global competition.
- Recommend improvements in operational processes, procedures and products based on monitoring of customer feedback to ensure constant enhancement of service levels and efficiency. Report feedback.
- Adhere to internal procedures and policies ensuring all legal, ethical and regulatory requirements are understood and maintained.
- Adhering to local and international service standards ensure all customer issues, complaints and product enquiries are handled in a timely, and problem free and responsive manner.
- Utilise all appropriate opportunities to cross sell credit (mortgage and loans) products in addition to investment and trust products.
- Keep up to date with new developments in banking, financial and investment products and services ensuring that certification and licensing requirements for the role of International relationship manager are met, and maintained.
- Responsible for ensuring compliant with JFSC requirements by conducting CDD reviews and ensuring KYC is up to date.
- To ensure all the Bank's anti money laundering policies and procedures are being followed. Report all suspicious transactions in accordance with SCB's anti-money laundering procedures.
- Be aware of all relevant information concerning a client when interacting particularly KYC, PEP, SAR and risk status.
- To respond to all AML related requests for information from Compliance within 1 week or 1 month if request involves delivery of documents from customers.
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum of 2 years sales experience, preferably gained in the banking and financial services industry e.g. bank or investment office, fund manager, private banker etc. and be able to demonstrate a proven sales track record.
- Be willing to travel extensively on bank business.
- FX and money markets including derivative instruments
- Multi-currency securities portfolio
- Trust and Fiduciary Products (3 rd party referrals)
- Commercial (e.g. trade finance, guarantees) and personal banking in so far as they relate to client requirements
- Understanding of credit/lending processes
- Good selling skills
- Assimilates new ideas and products quickly
- 'Relationship' building skills - internal and external; good focused, purposeful social skills with people at a variety of levels and degrees of familiarity
- Sensitive and able to adapt to differing situations/cultures/levels
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to work under pressure and within tight timeframes
- Negotiation skills
- Good problem solving skills and able to deal with complex client instructions via phone,fax,letter, secure message within delegations and limits
How To Apply
Everything that matters to you in your career and in life, matters to us. Join us as a Relationship Manager and we'll support you to get where you want to go, and to be more of the person you aspire to be.
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by registering or logging in to our careers website www.standardchartered.com/bemore. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
The closing date for applications is 29/09/2016. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.