- Competitive with Excellent Benefits GBP
- Saint Helier, Channel Islands, United Kingdom Saint Helier Channel Islands GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 18 Sep 18 2018-09-18
Mortgage Advisor As a Barclays Mortgage Advisor, you will be responsible for every aspect of the mortgage process - advising customers on their needs, processing their transaction and resolving any issues that arise.
As a Barclays Mortgage Advisor, you will be responsible for every aspect of the mortgage process - advising customers on their needs, processing their transaction and resolving any issues that arise. You will work with a team of local market based cashiers, personal bankers and relationship managers to deliver exceptional sales and business performance through driving a world class sales culture, attain the highest standards of customer satisfaction and maintain sound risk management. You will be an integral part of mortgage advisory, helping customers find the right mortgage.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Banking & Credit team which has significant growth ambitions where regulated mortgages will be a key enabler and retention service. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds.
As a Mortgage Advisor, your main responsibilities will involve:
* Agreeing personal contribution to the Banking and Credit objectives in order to exploit local mortgage market knowledge and intelligence
* Proactively managing the customer experience from application to completion ensuring customers receive exceptional service at all stages
* Identifying broader opportunities and referring them to the most appropriate Network or Specialist colleague
* Supporting Branch operation and community engagement activities, to ensure effective, efficient and compliant operation of the Branch and raise the profile of Barclays in the local community and market
* Managing, and escalating customer queries, complaints and feedback effectively, to achieve the best possible outcome for the customer in line with Regulation, Barclays' policy and best practice
* Proactively developing the necessary knowledge and skills needed to achieve successful delivery and provide accurate and current advice and appropriate support to customers and colleagues
As a Mortgage Advisor, your skills and qualifications will include:
* Holding full CeMAP / or MAQ equivalent or be prepared to study for it as full support to obtain this qualification will be provided
* Experience is preferable but not essential with the mortgage market and be extremely competent at compliance with the Bank's regulatory requirements
* Experience of working in a banking environment with some knowledge of international financial marketplaces would be desirable
* A customer facing role with evidence of delivery and relationship management in a regulated environment.
* A track record of success in regulated tasks and a track record of success in meeting customer needs
* Demonstrating the ability to influence and communication skills, both written and verbal, and excellent interpersonal skills
Our customers deserve the best. The same goes for our people. That's why at Barclays you'll receive a range of benefits including a competitive salary, flexible hours and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our employees. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
At Barclays, we recruit based on merit and are committed to promoting diversity throughout our organisation.
We encourage applicants to apply as early as possible in the recruitment period. Barclays recruitment periods can and may vary. We reserve the right to remove this advert during the recruitment process.