Kleinwort Hambros brings together two longstanding, award-winning British Private Banks, SGPB Hambros and Kleinwort Benson, to create Societe Generale's private banking and wealth management division in the UK, Channel Islands and Gibraltar.
Established in 1786 and 1839 respectively, Kleinwort Benson and SGPB Hambros have a wealth of experience in helping individuals, families, entrepreneurs and family offices manage their assets.
Kleinwort Hambros retains both banks' standard for expertise, security of assets and quality of service. Our teams come together to provide a strengthened view of on personal, family and corporate wealth, supporting our clients in making sound financial decisions. Driven by our shared values of team spirit, commitment, responsibility and innovation. Kleinwort Hambros provides a service underpinned by local knowledge, backed by global expertise. Mission
• Maintaining proper books of account for the Bank & subsidiaries
• Implementation of Basel III
• Implementation of new automation tool for the regulatory reporting
• Merger of the Bank's two back-office systems T24 and Olympic
• Production of monthly Financial Accounts for SG Kleinwort Hambros and reporting to SG Group along with yearly Statutory Financial Accounts
• Management of the relationship and requests from local external auditors with escalation of material issues to the local CFO and timely resolution of audit recommendations
• Monitoring of the annual budget process together with a 5-year rolling plan
• Measuring the monthly progress against budget and key business objectives with the production of timely and accurate figures along with analyses and comments on the performance (trends, gap with Budget, etc)
• Optimising Group Legal and tax structure.
• To promote business partnering where possible with Bank and Trust businesses
• Act as operational contact for the UK office and offshore outsourced centres Profile
- In conjunction with the CI financial reporting team, ensure that the monthly group accounting process is reviewed and controlled. The production timetable is strictly adhered to and quality issues are escalated to the CFO. Ensure the control framework is constantly evolving to mitigate risks posed from off-shoring production to SGEBS & Bangalore.
- Ensure that local books and records are maintained, journals are reviewed and signed off. Working files, reconciliations and controls are prepared to a high quality to enable publication and sign-off of Morse (staff), GPS (manager), GTC (tax) controls and account certification
- Ensure that the Bank's regulatory returns are reviewed on a monthly basis to maintain quality, controls are performed, and evidence is kept of the result of the review. In conjunction with the regulatory manager ensure that regulatory logs are maintained of communications with the regulator and communicated monthly to CI Compliance department.
- Ensure the accurate capture of the Bank's tax obligations within the accounting ledger with the support from our tax advisors KPMG and the CI financial accounting team. Ensure tax returns are submitted & payments made to the tax authorities in a timely manner.
- Review of the 5-year budget plan for the ICAAP process and challenge of assumptions used by the wider finance, regulatory and risk teams
- Manage the preparation of the yearly consolidated financial statements for the Bank, subsidiaries and associate with the CI financial accounting team. Ensure changes required to the technical financial statement notes caused by standards not yet effective are planned & implemented ahead of the year end by the CI financial accounting team
- Manage the interim and yearly statutory audit. Ensure Provided by Client (PBC) audit requests are actioned in a timely manner and appropriately documented. Co-ordinate audit requests with the business, other internal clients & offshore centres in Bucharest & Bangalore. Follow up and actively action internal and external audit recommendations
- Member or attendee of Bank & Trust committees, including but not limited to presenting results, providing project updates or challenging/testing assumptions made within models
- Co-ordinate finance & regulatory projects as and when required. Ensure the appropriate governance structure is in place, including the appropriate level of resourcing. Ensure change management logs are maintained and changes communicated to the impacted teams within the Bank
- Co-ordination and review of various external financial services returns, applications and surveys including but not limited to: Banking licences, Guernsey Banking Levy, ISE application to the States of Jersey, EU Savings Directive (Jersey) & (Guernsey) and membership applications
- Attendance & contribution to weekly Finance production meetings