Seeking an Advisory Consultant with expert, multi-jurisdiction compliance, regulatory and/or risk experience to work with our international Trust And Funds client base. Based in Jersey, we want you to help shape the future direction within our rapidly growing organisation. As a specialist, award winning Financial Markets Consultancy we partner with Wealth and Asset Management organisations as well as major Banks to accelerate business, technology, operational and human performance. Catalyst was voted a UK Top 50 Great Place to Work 2018 and also holds the Queens Award for Enterprise. *MUST HOLD LICENCE TO WORK IN JERSEY*
We are a specialist consulting firm working exclusively in financial services. 2019 marks our 25th anniversary bringing business, technology and regulatory expertise to clients around the world. We are agile, independent and hold a straightforward philosophy – that outstanding people produce outstanding work.
We tackle complex operational, economic and strategic problems, big and small, for clients dealing with evolving markets, changing behaviours, technology and digital advances. We accelerate business, technology, operational and people performance.
At Catalyst, we attract, nurture and promote only the finest people. We deliver specialism at scale at speed. When the world’s leading firms in financial services are looking to accelerate performance, they call us.
Catalyst has recently merged with Sionic Advisors to create one of the world’s largest and fastest growing specialist consulting firms. Our Group now has a combined revenue of over $60M and a staff base of more than 300 professionals based in a dozen locations across North America, Europe and Asia.
Consultants at Catalyst are our 'face' in the market. They are who our clients see and work with, and thus represent all that Catalyst stands for - consistent, exceptional delivery of business value by experienced practitioners. Primarily focused on the delivery of assignments to our client base, the role sees consultants collaborate closely with colleagues and clients, providing:
- Lead/oversee assignment teams
- Provide clients with subject matter expertise and advice on Capability area and related matters
- Responsibility to clients on a day-to-day basis for assignment health & progress against deliverables
- Oversee/lead the analysis of client opportunities and the production and presentation of appropriate solutions/proposals – do this in a way that takes account of the systemic nature of most change opportunities and involve colleagues with complementary skills to strengthen and differentiate our offerings
- Build close, collaborative sponsor and client relationships, spotting and developing opportunities where Catalyst can provide services to clients. These should include services from other capability areas
- Build close collaborative relationships with Catalyst colleagues and involve them in shaping and delivering differentiated solutions
- Support marketing and pre-sales activities through building IP and propositions in response to potential client and/or sector challenges and issues and producing authoritative white papers
- Aid colleagues in understanding and apply strong consultancy skills evidenced through Client feedback
- Utilise relevant tools and techniques and best practice approaches within the firm
- Contribute to Account Management meetings, predominantly for specified account or accounts, providing insight into current assignments, potential opportunities and information from contacts
- Maintain and grow a set of contacts through regular client networking
- Support others in developing business and networking effectively
- Attend pitch meetings, pre-sales meetings etc. with other colleagues, providing input as required
Skills and Experience Required:
- Degree level qualifications or equivalent plus further academic success.
- Consulting and line management experience in a financial services organisation would be an advantage.
- Multi-jurisdictional compliance / regulatory experience preferably risk management experience.
- Strong, hands-on Financial services background
- Strong Project / Programme management track record and hands-on delivery of substantial change / transformation programmes would be an advantage
- Liaison, communication and relationship building track record/skills – managing senior clients/stakeholders consultatively, effectively and efficiently