Associate, Compliance, Jersey
- Saint Helier, Channel Islands, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- 12 Feb 18 2018-02-12
Associate, Compliance, Jersey.
Leading the way in International Banking. We support the people and companies driving investment, trade and wealth creation across Asia, Africa and the Middle East. And our heritage and values are expressed in our brand promise - here for good. See our Brand and Values
Standard Chartered Bank currently has a vacancy for a Compliance Manager and is seeking a motivated individual to join the expanding team.
The successful applicant will be a knowledgeable Compliance professional with a proven track record in providing professional and knowledgeable advice to support the investment and banking activities of a dynamic Jersey business.
Applicants should have demonstrable experience in providing specialist advice and independent assurance to support banking and investment business activities. A Compliance qualification would be an asset but is not essential.
A diverse culture
We are committed to building a culture that fosters a diverse and inclusive environment that's free from bias, where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution. This is just one of our values that is expressed in our brand promise - here for good. Apply Now...
Specific Job responsibilities
· Provide timely, responsive and quality regulatory compliance advice and guidance on regulatory internal policies and procedures as well as products and services, to enable the business and functions to meet/ achieve their business objectives;
· Assist the Director of the Compliance team in the provision of training to relevant staff on core Compliance policies and procedures;
· Work closely with the business to provide timely regulatory compliance advice to ensure compliance with all relevant laws and regulations and to support compliance and conduct risk mitigation;
· Undertake preparation of regulatory reporting returns as required;
·Provide robust challenge to senior management and all relevant business stakeholders where activities are outside risk tolerance/ appetite, escalating as necessary until remedial action is taken to return activities to risk tolerance/ appetite;
· Provide independent assurance through periodic monitoring and surveillance activities as required;
· Provide support and challenge to the business to ensure that they establish and monitor appropriate processes for compliance with regulatory obligations and internal policies and procedures.
· Assist the Director of the Compliance team in executing Compliance projects as required.
Skills and Knowledge Required:
In depth understanding of Jersey regulations as it relates to banking and investment services
In depth understanding of banking and investment products
Excellent planning and organizational skills
Relationship building skills
Ability to work under own initiative and with independence
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Assertiveness and diplomacy skills
High attention to detail