The Head of Compliance is responsible for directing and controlling the resources of the Compliance Team and functions to manage the risks for which they are responsible and to ensure a legally compliant and sustainable business, whilst supporting the strategic objectives of the business. ** This role is to be based remotely so you can be based anywhere in the UK **
Our client is a fleet management business which is part FCA regulated.
- Manage the Compliance Team, including recruitment and performance management. As this business is a start-up, the Head of Compliance is the first member of the Compliance Team and so will be expected to outline the team structure and resource required.
- Ensure that staff training is provided on legal, compliance and AML risk areas.
- Oversee the development and implementation of policies relating to legal, compliance and AML matters, ensuring that they are kept up to date and in line with requirements.
- Supervise the relationship with external lawyers on legal, compliance and AML matters, assisting business areas in interpreting and managing responses.
- Promote a culture of compliance throughout the business and support other business areas to ensure they have a clear understanding of their compliance, legal and AML obligations.
- Oversee the legal watch process, ensuring that all legal and regulatory matters impacting the business are captured, documented and monitored, with appropriate plans for compliance put in place.
- In relation to templates and negotiated agreements with customers, suppliers, partners and introducers, liaise with our outsourced service provider for standard documents and instruct external lawyers for bespoke agreements and negotiations.
- Perform the statutory role of Data Protection Officer for the business and to ensure that the business (and its products and services) are compliant with data protection legislation.
- Act as the nominated Money Laundering Reporting Officer for the business and oversee AML matters in order to manage AML risk and to ensure that the business complies with its responsibilities under AML legislation.
- Assess new products and proposed business strategies to identify and advise on possible compliance and regulatory risks.
- Ensure that all regulated agreements and associated documentation remain compliant with applicable legislation and regulation.
- Develop, implement and maintain an effective Regulatory Compliance Framework.
- Prepare and implement a compliance monitoring plan, both external and internal.
- Manage the relationship with the FCA and ensure that all reporting is completed in accordance with the deadlines.
- Prepare, implement and manage the firm's Business Continuity Plan
- Prepare, implement and manage the business' ABC policy and procedures
- Act as whistleblowing champion.
- Actively participate in FLA and BVRLA forums to ensure alignment of compliance methodology and to allow the business to influence relevant consultation or proposed regulatory changes. Competition law must be complied with at all times.
- Manage the Advertising Guidelines
** This role is to be based remotely so you can be based anywhere in the UK - with that in mind, you must be OK with this set up and be prepared to go to the office base (Bristol) semi-regularly **
- Experience in FCA regulated financial services sector, preferably with Consumer Credit/Car Finance
- Experience of data protection, regulatory compliance and AML
- Strong demonstrable people management experience
- Experience of managing and coaching a team