- Salary: GBP400 - GBP500 per day
- Location: Rugby, England, United Kingdom
- Job Type: Part time
- Company: JCW Search
External audit positions across the UK on a contract basis. Candidates must be qualified auditors to be considered.
Qualified accountant external audit roles in various UK locations.
Manage and deliver audit engagements from planning through to completion. The role will require proficiency in IFRS, UK GAAP and US GAAP.
- To manage engagements, overseeing in-charge and audit assistants work ensuring compliance with client, statutory and KAM requirements, appreciating relevant internal and external market factors, ensuring the effective and timely delivery of engagements
- Oversee and direct the budgeting, planning, co-ordination and control of engagements in accordance with client, statutory, KAM and business requirements to ensure effective service delivery and maximised recoverability
- Direct, coach and mentor Assistant Managers to assist them in the effective delivery of engagements and the direction of their subordinates ensuring cost effective, timely completion and effective service delivery to the required standard on each engagement
- Nurture and seek worthwhile relationships with clients, business departments and staff, for the sharing of information and to identify and progress current and future Audit requirements
- Contributes towards the creation, implementation and delivery of the Audit Business Plan and offer support in relation to issues identified as a result of organisational or client focus change
- Preparation of reports to senior management and audit committees
Qualifications and Skills
- Time and exam Qualified Accountant - ACA, ACCA or country equivalent
- Recent and significant experience as a Manager in an audit capacity within a top 10 accountancy firm
- Current experience of accounting and financial reporting standards including IFRS and UK standards
- Significant audit experience for large, mixed sector corporate clients