Data Engineer - CLOUD A Big 4 Consultancy Business are looking to hire a Cloud Data Engineer
Data Engineer - CLOUD
A Big 4 Consultancy Business are looking to hire a Cloud Data Engineer
Permanent role paying between £30,000-£50,000 (location dependant, although role is remote initially)
The role will be based in Belfast, Birmingham, London, Cardiff, Manchester, Edinburgh or Glasgow however as a result of the wide variety of clients and projects, you may be asked to work in other locations and beyond, sometimes at short notice and sometimes over lengthy periods of time.
Overview of the role
Our ideal candidate is one that has a solid technical background and demonstrable data engineering skills gained in a practical environment and as such those with only theoretical viewpoints will not be considered. The ideal candidate will be able to build on these skills and help deliver and maintain an end-to-end advanced analytics solution on cloud.
You will have exposure with cloud, preferably in Microsoft Azure build and maintain data pipelines, understand CI/CD for end-to-end cloud solutions, be able to manage and maintain pre-existing ecosystems, you will be competent in SQL and Python and able to flex into different variants easily and as required.
Key activities include, but not be limited to:
- Build and maintain data pipelines (including those from 3rd party sources and APIs)
- Identifying and patching issues and bugs identified in the pipeline/architecture
- Working as part of a data specialist team to deliver quality service to engagement client
- Providing access and identity management to onboard new customers onto the pre-existing platform
- Communicating with key stakeholders to define data requirements to support business issues / queries, including collecting, analysing, interpreting, and translating the result to non-technical stakeholders
- More than 3 years' experience working in the area of data engineering
- Knowledge and/or certifications demonstrating capability in the above
- Demonstrable experience across data engineering disciplines including data governance, quality, migration, modelling and warehousing
- Advanced working knowledge in SQL and fluency in Python
- Significant practical experience working with cloud platforms (Azure strongly preferred)
- Experience in building and maintaining data pipelines and architecture
- Experience with both PaaS (Platform-as-a-Service) and IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- An analytical mind and inclination for problem-solving
- Demonstrable experience of success within a range of complex project environments and sectors
- Proven ability to integrate well into a team and build relationships with senior stakeholders
- Proven analytical and skeptical mindset with an ability to develop solutions to technical problems
- Ability to work as part of a larger team and take responsibility for the work you deliver
- Open to learning new technologies, methodologies, and skills
- Experience in Azure DevOps (CI/CD).
- Experience in Azure DataFactory.
- Experience working with the Microsoft Azure cloud-based ecosystem
- BPSS or SC security clearances desirable
- Undergraduate degree (e.g. BSc, BA)