The successful candidate will be a self-starter who has demonstrated the ability to function independently in a fast-paced, dynamic, and demanding trading environment. This person will be intellectually curious, intuitive, rigorous, trustworthy, and, she/he will be effective addressing a number of internal and external audiences in a professional manner. There actions will have a direct effect on the millions in which the business generates on a daily basis.
- Responsible for the design, development and deployment of new and existing components and frameworks.
- Responsible for proposing new designs and modifying existing ones to continuously improve performance, functionality, and stability of the system.
- Facilitate communication and collaboration with trading desk and peer technology teams.
- Solid computer science fundamentals
- Expert development skills, ideally in C++
- Experience building enterprise systems and low-latency applications
- Practical knowledge of some message-oriented middleware (e.g., Solace, LBM, Tib/RV, etc.)
- Strong network and multithreaded programming skills
- Prior experience developing automated trading strategies, market data and order entry handlers, including both binary and FIX protocols a big plus
Minimum of a Bachelor's degree required in Computer Science or a related discipline