My client, a leading global Investment bank in London with a strong leadership team, is looking to make the hire of a Senior Manager/Director into its Bond Syndicate team based in London. If you are a Senior Manager or Director level candidate coming from a strong financial analysis background, this is a wonderful opportunity for you! Candidates with a background in Syndicate and DCM transactions will be considered, ideally from a top bank.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Assists in overseeing the implementation of the global strategy, business goals and financial targets of the department in order to comply with all relevant law and regulations (UK and EU)
- Assists in establishing and maintaining the operational effectiveness of processes and controls by establishing 1st line of defense controls to manage both non-financial and financial risks
- Aids in establishing appropriate reporting lines for the escalation of issues to local and/or global management (where and as relevant)
- Participates in assessing Fitness and Propriety including Competency of relevant employees annually and that they complete all necessary training on an ongoing basis
- Participates actively in ensuring that the culture of the team is in line with the teams vision in all areas especially with regard to treating customers fairly and whistleblowing (Speaking UP!)
- Stays abreast of Eurobond market developments across Corporate, (and Financial / other sectors)
- Prepares regular pricing updates for above-mentioned key sectors for DCM (to on-send to issuer clients)
- Engages in regular communication with clients, with RM/DCM as client owner, including providing advice and information (such as product, price or market information) which is fair, clear and not in any way misleading. "Best advice" is our mantra. Client communication will be a mixture of phone and in person, with DCM/RM partners as client owners. Ensures reasonably regular physical meets
- Engages in internal marketing as well, to build/maintain client base and develop business
- Helps with the origination & structuring of transactions where required with DCM/RM partners as client owners, then runs the actual execution of awarded bond mandates (to include road show planning (if required), bookbuilding, allocation, pricing. Ensures that Analyst Bond Syndicate takes care of post deal admin - fee and p+I booking, legal emails etc)
- Provides insights around potential underwriting of transactions to Head of DCM Syndicate (& Head Capital Markets based) for their consideration when required - after careful consideration. The majority of business will be "best efforts"
- Day to day running of desk as and when required
- Regular communication with Sales force in order to stay informed of investor trends/views/activities