Leading Insurer are looking for a skilled Group Accountant who has Insurance experience and good IFRS knowledge to work in our award winning York office.
York based with home working
Competitve Salary, bens and bonus
Reporting to the Group Financial Controller, you will be part of a team responsible for the preparation and delivery of internal and external reporting of the consolidated Hiscox Group results. This includes reporting monthly MI to senior executives and working with business unit teams to problem solve.
External reporting requirements include finance inputs into the quarterly Stock Exchange announcements, IFRS financial statements and associated disclosures as well as regulatory reporting to the Bermuda Monetary Authority.
Key Responsibilities :
- Preparing the monthly Group Financial reporting analysis for submission to the executive management, including performance analysis against budget.
- Preparation of finance inputs into the quarterly stock exchange announcements.
- Liaise with Business Unit and legal entity counterparts and financial controllers to understand results drivers and resolve reporting issues.
- Assist with preparation of the published Group IFRS financial statements, providing support for the half and full year external financial reporting results.
- Preparation of inputs into the quarterly and year end Bermuda Monetary Authority regulatory submissions.
- You'll support ad-hoc finance projects such as IFRS17.
- Reviews over controls environment and assisting implementing changes as required.
- You'll assist in other group reporting requirements to include ABIR, rating agency submissions and other statistical data requirements.
Skills/ Qualifications/ Experience required:
- Qualified Accountant (by exams or experience)
- IFRS and Insurance industry experience is essential
- Excellent communication skills at all levels
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to use own initiative and to work well alone and as part of a team
- Working knowledge of the standard Microsoft environment
Diversity and Working Patterns
At Hiscox we care about our people. We hire the best people for the job and we're committed to diversity and creating a truly inclusive culture, which we believe drives success.
We have also learned over the past 15 months that working life doesn't always have to be in the office, and when it's safe to do so, we will be introducing a hybrid way of working to encourage a healthy work life balance.
We anticipate the successful candidate for this role will be in the office up to 3 days a week.
We see it as the best of both worlds: structure and sociability on one hand, and independence and flexibility on the other.