A Luxury Retail Business are looking for an Interim Group Tax Accountant on a 12 Month Contract.
As a Group Tax Accountant, you will have the opportunity to join a Luxury Retail Business on a 12 month contract, focusing on all of the group's tax related filing obligations for Corporate tax and VAT.
- Providing technical advice to the Business on the impact of any changes to Taxation legislation or Accounting Standards and ensure internal processes are updated to reflect these changes
- You will have ownership of ongoing compliance for all UK tax related statutory filings including UK VAT, Corporation Tax and ONS Surveys
- Responsibility for the submission of statutory tax/sales tax/duty filings for the US, Ireland or any other new jurisdictions that the business enters in to, ensuring full compliance across all territories
- Managing the relationships with software provider, ensuring any changes to US Sales Tax requirements are fully understood and communicated to the Business
- Owning the ongoing compliance for all EU VAT and Duty matters as a result of Brexit and ensuring systems and processes are optimised
- Management of the Risk Register, keeping it up to date and hosting quarterly reviews with the Directors, highlighting actions that need to be taken to ensure that the "appropriate tax accounting arrangements" are in place
- Liaising with tax advisors on all tax/VAT related queries and manage any reclaims or reviews to ensure allowances are maximised and changes to legislation are fully understood eg RDEC, Capital Allowances, VAT reclaims
- Providing guidance for the group's response to any Government initiative
- You will be responsible for Transfer Pricing Agreement, working with advisors to update as and when is required
- Acting as the main point of contact with our Insurance brokers, to prepare & support annual contract renewal and collate paperwork associated with all Insurance claims for the Group.
- Acting as the main point of contact with our Duty Management Agents and ensure ongoing compliance with all matters relating to Duty
- Providing recommendations and implement improvements to the Company's financial controls to ensure that the controls in place are appropriate for the size of the Business including ownership of Approval Authority Limits, Bank Mandates, Contract Approvals
Skills & Experience required:
- CIMA/ACCA/ACA (Qualified)
- Strong technical accounting background
- Good knowledge of regulatory requirements covering accounting, tax and duties in the UK and Rest of World
- International exposure from a retail environment is preferred
- Strong systems literacy and excel skills
- Strong communication skills