Unix Engineer (Projects) Unix Engineer - Projects & Migration
A Leading Financial services Business are looking to hire an experienced Unix Engineer with specific knowledge of migrating NIS to Active Directory, as well as solid expertise with RHEL 7 and RHEL 8
Initial 9 month contract Working From Home - Very flexible, occasional office work as and when required
£550-£650 per day (Inside IR35) - Umbrella deductions to be taken off that figure.
The role is focused on moving from NIS to Active Directory and RHEL 6 to RHEL 7 & 8
Purpose of the Role
The role will be part of a team responsible for delivering the strategic Identity Governance Administration (IGA) Programme.
As part of the programme, the role will be working in the project which aims to change UNIX authentication and authorisation process from NIS (Network Information Service) to Active Directory.
The project will be delivered in 2 phases
Phase 1 [6-12 months]:
Phase 2 [To be defined based on results from Phase 1]
The individual in this role will be responsible for
The project methodology will be Agile Scrum based and the role will have to identify, measure and deliver on the basis of fixed length sprints.
It will also ensure metrics, reports, and dashboards are designed and implemented to provide data for continuous improvements.
* Work with Unix infrastructure service teams to understand today's processes
* Enable design and delivery of process to replace existing solution with Microsoft Active directory.
* Enable delivery across the global teams using common platform and tools.
* Implement DevOps and Agile working to deliver IAM integrations with new selected platform.
* Design migration and decommission path for NIS.
Must have skills and experience
* Excellent RHEL Linux skills essential
* In depth understanding of NIS and AD
* Ability to script and automate unix builds and layering of applications onto linux platforms
* Excellent Ansible skills
* Shell/Perl/Python scripting
* Able to collaborate across technical teams
* Technical awareness of future products, concepts and standards
Good to have skills and experience
* Sudo would be great - Ansible, Python & Packer
* Installation and maintenance of new servers and 3rd party software
* System performance reporting, and enhancement
* Disaster recovery and contingency planning
* Experience of working in a highly virtualised environment
* Integration with other core infrastructure technologies & awareness of infrastructure technologies