Account Manager - Tech Portfolio
- Reigate, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Wells Fargo
- 05 Oct 18
The primary role is to minimise losses whilst maximising Vendor utilisation & Dealer service through effective management of assigned Dealer Portfolio. The AM will work closely with Underwriting, Commercial, Portfolio Control and Operations to ensure the smooth delivery of Risk Controls & Customer Service in accordance with Commercial Distribution Finance's (CDF) SOP’s & Procedures.
Market Job Description
Wells Fargo provides middle market, large corporate and financial institution customers with a range of international solutions, including treasury management, credit, payments, financing, foreign exchange, and trade services. Wells Fargo operates from 42 countries and territories outside of the U.S., including branches in Ireland, Beijing, Cayman Islands, Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC), Hong Kong, London and Seoul.
The AM will be responsible for the in life management of an assigned portfolio of accounts. This will primarily include the provision of customer service and risk management. To achieve this the AM will be responsible for:
- Managing a daily PCS workflow (Portfolio Control System) to promptly address deficient items on customer accounts to ensure CDF remain secure and minimise the need for management intervention.
- Dealing with rejected invoices, either received manually or through the Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) between CDF and its customers.
- Reviewing / approving held vendor orders. Timely processing of increased credit line requests to Underwriting.
- Prompt completion of daily workflows for unapplied funds to Operations team ensuring compliance and that dealer accounts are fully reconciled.
- Dealing with credit note and customer payment queries to ensure dealer accounts are fully reconciled.
- Various internal reporting requirements.
- Following CDF’s Complaints process to ensure the customer is treated fairly.
- Prompt completion of Wells Fargo assigned Learning asks to ensure practice and compliance are current.
In addition the AM will:
- Resolve complex customer inquiries, billing errors, and disputes.
- To work closely with the Collections team to ensure resolution of problem accounts.
- Support Commercial with ad hoc reporting/tasks/ and attend meetings as required.
- Support Commercial team with account retention by assisting business growth.
- Assist in obtaining customer financial reports where required & participate in underwriting process.
- Focus on providing exceptional external and internal customer service – team player
- Proactive in identifying system & process improvements/efficiencies.
- Support cross functional training and best practice within the AM team.
- Provide team cover in the absence of colleagues.
Ensure effective Risk Controls are in Place by:
- Proactively managing assigned portfolio and meeting or exceeding KRI’s & metrics
- Escalating issues promptly to line management.
- Following Policy/Procedure/SOPs/Desk Top Manuals to ensure company practice and standards are maintained.
- Identifying/reporting and helping to resolve any Operational Risk issues.
Market Skills and Certifications
- A strong background of Service Provision & treating the customer fairly.
- Ability to work independently managing their own workload and operating as part of a wider team with minimal supervision.
- Attention to detail, problem solving attitude and strong organisational skills.
- Collection background would be desirable.
- Ability to communicate & work effectively with internal and external customers – a strong team player.
- Proactive in identifying improvement & efficiency opportunities cross functionally.
- Able to display a positive attitude and flexible approach to assigned tasks with a desire to learn new things.
- Strong Risk focus and ability to work under time pressure and meet deadlines.
- Working closely to meet team metrics within agreed targets.
- Proficient in Microsoft office products
Wells Fargo team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. As a Wells Fargo team member, you are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.