Planet are seeking to recruit a Risk MI and Business Analyst. We are going through a period of change and investment in people, process and infrastructure. We believe that a solid base for growth is required in order for the business to be able to take advantage of the undeniable market opportunity we are presented with. Risk is considered to be pivotal to the business and a strong risk function will support the continued development of the business.
Planet are seeking to recruit a Risk MI and Business Analyst.
We are going through a period of change and investment in people, process and infrastructure.
We believe that a solid base for growth is required in order for the business to be able to take advantage of the undeniable market opportunity we are presented with.
Risk is considered to be pivotal to the business and a strong risk function will support the continued development of the business. We are looking to have a more holistic and broad based approach to risk management.
The successful individual will support the Head of Fraud and Credit Risk Management with the development of Planet's risk and dispute strategy and systems across the payments spectrum.
The Risk MI and Business Analyst is expected to engage across the business, building relationships with key internal stakeholders and guiding business decisions with analysis of the performance of Planet's acquiring operations.
Key Responsibilities / Purpose
- Overall responsibility for all reporting, analysis, trending and scorecards for the Risk and Compliance teams across both the Payments and Tax free businesses
- Analyse and manage the performance of the fraud rules in the fraud monitoring system(s), providing recommendations for rule improvements to the Head of Fraud and Credit Risk Management
- Act as the system administrator for the fraud monitoring system(s), ensuring rules, workflows and system reporting are working correctly and managing any changes required in a robust manner
- Act as the risk and compliance team's representative on any project that involves data or MI, such as changes to the data warehouse or the implementation of new systems or tools
- Develop credit scorecards and analysis tools, to ensure the Credit Risk department is able to implement credit policy effectively
- Develop and produce all business MI for the risk and compliance team, including fraud reporting, compliance monitoring performance, credit reporting and any other reporting required by senior management
- Provide ad-hoc data analysis and reporting on risk and compliance issues, as required by senior management
- Provide regular portfolio-level risk trending, to enable senior management to make accurate decisions
- Perform the mapping of all risk and compliance processes and assist in the development and mapping of improved flows
- Propose improvements to policies, processes, systems and strategy when identified as part of any analyses and reviews undertaken
- Working under the direction of the Head of Fraud and Credit Risk Management, ensure risk management continues to be a part of the DNA of the business - embedding a positive culture of confident and informed risk taking through training, communication and promotion of the agreed risk framework
- Do their part to ensure that all activities comply with relevant legislation and regulation
Key Attributes and Skills
Cultural and personality fit will be crucial. Strong personal presence and leadership style combined with a confident and hard-working approach are critical to the success of this role.
The appointed candidate must be technically capable, commercially astute and possess the ability to inspire and influence people at all levels. They will be highly analytical with strong attention to detail.
The successful candidate will not only be highly motivated and solutions oriented, they must also exhibit high levels of honesty and integrity.
They will be resilient and able to manage multiple and conflicting demands while maintaining high personal performance.
They will be willing to challenge the Senior Management Team on key decisions as appropriate. Candidates must be able to demonstrate a genuine interest in and passion for the business.
He or she will have a demonstrable track record of success as a data science professional in a well-regarded business of scale and complexity with experience of the appropriate aspects of an established Risk function as appropriate to the role. In addition to being a self-starting yet naturally organised individual, with good emotional intelligence, the new Risk MI and Business Analyst will have:
- Strong academic record to degree level supported by any relevant sector related and / or professional qualifications;
- Appropriate level of knowledge and experience of statistical analysis techniques, report compiling, building of scorecards;
- Knowledge of payments fraud systems and underwriting/credit assessment tools is desirable;
- Comprehensive knowledge of data gathering/analysis tools, such as SQL, SAS, VBA, Excel and Access
- Knowledge of process mapping software, especially Visio is desirable;
- Experience of working in Financial Services or Payments and a knowledge of card scheme rules related to credit, fraud, compliance, risk and disputes, is desirable
- Ability to act as a 'business partner' to the organisation and not purely fulfil a box ticking mandate; the ability to provide strategic, analytical and business support;
- Excellent communication skills with the credibility to gain respect internally and, to the extent appropriate to the role, externally with people at all levels;