Junior IT Support Specialist
- Redhill, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Planet Payment
- 26 Nov 18
The purpose of this role is to provide top level technical support to all users within Planet. The role will include, but is not limited to, general systems administration, server support, IT account maintenance, network hardware setup and implementing of back-up and recovery strategies.
KEY RESULT AREAS
* Experience in operational and technical aspects of Windows Server and Active Directory administration.
* Owning, tracking, managing, prioritizing and resolving technical incidents within agreed SLA's.
* Reviewing service related reports (e.g. backups, maintenance and data processing jobs, monitoring availability and proactive alerts) on a daily basis to ensure service issues are proactively identified and resolved within established SLAs.
* Maintaining data standards, server security and ensuring full compliance with policies and procedures, including adherence to Data Protection and PCI.
* Suggesting areas for improvement in internal IT processes as they relate to systems administration.
* Flexibility regarding hours of coverage may be required, given the dynamic growth rate of the company.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
* Good verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of IT staff, managers and subject matter experts.
* Ability to diagnose Root Cause Analysis of problems in a complex environment and to provide effective solutions quickly and reporting of same.
* Self-motivated and ability to work on own initiative in a pressure environment.
* Ability to generate documentation and keep existing documentation updated.
* Minimum of 1 years' experience in Desk-side Support / Systems Administration supporting live production systems.
* Support experience with Windows 10.
* Experience with Microsoft Server products and Active Directory.
* Experience with Skype for Business, Exchange and Office365.
* Understanding of TCP/IP, networking and firewall concepts.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Able to operate in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
* Proven problem solving skills.
* A team player who enjoys working in a fast growing company.