Trainee Payroll Associate
Job Description Summary:
Join us and you'll shape more than just your career. We believe we're best positioned to make a meaningful impact on the economy. Every day we provide a diverse range of organisations with the kind of business and financial advice it takes to do this. Our ideas and insight empower our clients to make big decisions about the future and unlock sustainable growth. Through our fresh thinking and agile working, we help businesses, communities and our people to flourish.
The time you spend outside of work helps shape what you can bring to our firm. We value the commitments you may have outside of work and will consider all flexible working applications. Job Description:
Here, you can be empowered to make a difference.
As part of the new Payroll and Payments Team you will manage a portfolio of clients, with two other trainees, to ensure client payrolls and electronic bank payments are processed accurately and on time. The new team sits within the existing Payroll Team and will give you full start to finish experience of an outsourced payroll department. You will play a key part in ensuring all client work is carried out accurately, profitably and on a timely basis in accordance with the firm's professional standards and to the satisfaction of clients and engagement partners. The Key Elements of the role are:
- Prepare electronic bank payments on behalf of clients
- Work with Directors and Partners to arrange review and timely submission of electronic bank payments
- Provide accurate and timely delivery of payroll output (P45s, payslips, assorted letters)
- Submit RTI returns
- Accurately prepare payroll from a pool of approx. 35 low to medium complexity monthly/weekly/fortnightly/quarterly payrolls ranging from 1 to 100 employees from start to finish
- Assist peers with processing payrolls as absence cover and during payroll peak times
- Database preparation and management
- Administration duties including filing, setting up folders and client take on processes
Our trainee programme will help you on your journey to Payroll Associate by enhancing your skills in:
- Time management - able to organise own workload without letting any deadlines slip
- Client service - provide a high level of client service and responsibility for maintaining strong, approachable relationships with clients
- Payroll technical knowledge - prepare payrolls from start to finish for a small portfolio of clients and respond to client queries
- Tax year end processes - run tax year end routines from start to finish
- Proactivity - provide intelligent and creative solutions to clients
- Teamwork - work effectively with all members of the team
- Organisation - manage multiple payroll databases of deadlines and keep the payroll team organised
- Communication - attend calls and meetings with existing clients, work closely with other departments
- Business knowledge - understand the commercial implications of actions relating to productivity, recoverability, fee income and client service.
- Self-development - through on the job training, performance review and personal development plan processes.
Your personal development plan will help you grow your skills. And you'll be able to shape your career within your team or by moving across our business or going on secondments in the UK and across our global network of member firms. You'll also enjoy a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package designed to meet your individual needs. Becoming a shared enterprise
Our unique culture is built around collaboration. Everybody here plays their part. Over the past few years we've been making big changes - moving towards becoming a shared enterprise. We share ideas. We share responsibility. We share the rewards. Put simply, we're better together.