Trainee Payroll Associate
Job Description Summary:
Join us and you'll shape more than just your career. We believe we're best positioned to make a meaningful impact on the economy. Every day we provide a diverse range of organisations with the kind of business and financial advice it takes to do this. Our ideas and insight empower our clients to make big decisions about the future and unlock sustainable growth. Through our fresh thinking and agile working, we help businesses, communities and our people to flourish.
The time you spend outside of work helps shape what you can bring to our firm. We value the commitments you may have outside of work and will consider all flexible working applications. Job Description:
Here. You can be empowered to make a difference.
As part of the Payroll and Payments Team you will manage a portfolio of clients to ensure client payrolls and electronic bank payments are processed accurately and on time. Ensure all client work is carried out accurately, profitably and on a timely basis in accordance with the firm's professional standards and to the satisfaction of clients and engagement partners.
- The Key Elements of the role will be:
- Prepare approx. 35 medium to high complexity monthly payrolls ranging from 1 to 300 employees from start to finish to a high level of accuracy and meet strict client deadlines
- Prepare electronic bank payments on behalf of clients
- Always provide a high level of client service
- Oversee/cover accurate and timely delivery of payroll output and payments
- Keep up to date with payroll technical knowledge
- Responsible for maintaining strong, approachable relationships with clients
- Assist peers with processing payrolls as and when required
- Knowledge of employer costs and journal postings
- Have an understanding of Year End Process and deadlines
- Gain an understanding of the full range of the firm's products, services and capabilities and take an active role in cross selling
- Manage their own portfolio of clients and build and maintain good working relationships with all colleagues and clients
- Demonstrate sufficient technical knowledge to prepare payrolls from start to finish
- Attend calls and meetings with existing clients
- Build a rapport with each individual client and develop a clear and detailed understanding of their business and payroll requirements
- Awareness of technical risk and put processes in place to protect the firm and its clients
- Provide intelligent and creative solutions to clients both reactively and proactively
- Analyse technical issues and recommend solutions accordingly
- Accurately interpret advice obtained from other specialists and question where required
- Keeping clients up to date with changes in Payroll legislation and the effects for them
- Liaise with other departments to maximise client satisfaction
- Works effectively with all members of the team
- Act as payroll cover for other members of the payroll team
- Actively seeks opportunities to attend training courses to develop technical and personal skills
- Demonstrates a clear appetite for self development through the appraisal and personal development plan processes
- Is open to feedback and training where the review process highlights technical or operational areas for improvement
- Able to organise own workload without letting any deadlines slip.
- Prepare monthly payroll planning schedule for their portfolio of clients
- Manages work in progress to ensure recoverability targets can be met.
- Works with team to consistently meet deadlines and understands the commercial implications of actions relating to productivity, recoverability, fee income and client service.
- Accurately records time spent on a timesheet, documents reasons for overruns and agrees additional fees with the client
Your personal development plan will help you grow your skills. And you'll be able to shape your career within your team or by moving across our business or going on secondments in the UK and across our global network of member firms. You'll also enjoy a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package designed to meet your individual needs. Becoming a shared enterprise
Our unique culture is built around collaboration. Everybody here plays their part. Over the past few years we've been making big changes - moving towards becoming a shared enterprise. We share ideas. We share responsibility. We share the rewards. Put simply, we're better together.