- Sep 16, 2022
- £55k - £60k
he ideal candidate will be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CTA) but it is not essential to have tax specific experience if you can demonstrate a strong accounting skillset
This is a great opportunity to join a major player in the energy sector, working as part of a large established tax function. The role will support the Director of Tax Reporting and Tax Manager with all aspects of financial reporting and forecasting for the Group; overseeing the review of UK corporation tax returns prepared by third party providers and dealing with all matters relating to UK corporation tax compliance and advisory.
- Prepare tax numbers and disclosures for year end Annual Report and Accounts and company financial statements
- Prepare tax numbers and cash tax forecasts for inclusion in periodic Group forecasts
- Prepare workings for quarterly UK corporation payments, and maintain reconciliations with HMRC with HMRC records;
- Assist in maintenance of documentation of risk and control documents related to UK direct tax
- Undertake research on UK tax matters relating to compliance and advisory work
- Assist with HMRC enquiries, SAO and Tax Strategy, general reporting of UK tax
- Have a continuing focus on process improvement across UK taxes;
- Assisting with M&A and other ad hoc projects
You will need to have strong UK technical and financial accounting experience (ideally IFRS). Experieince working with SAP, Excel and other financial systems would be advantageous. The ideal candidate will be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CTA) but it is not essential to have tax specific experience if you can demonstrate a strong accounting skillset and a willingness to use that as a platform to move into tax.
The organisation is keen to support flexible working and so they would be looking for the successful candidate to work in the office only one or two days per week.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative. BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.