Senior Consultant, Risk Advisory, Technology and Digital Risk, Reading
Technology continues to evolve as a key enabler for all businesses. With this, comes an increased level of risk as organisations become more dependent upon their systems and tools.
Deloitte's Risk Advisory practice advises organisations on the effective management of risk, allowing them to make intelligent risk-based decisions over business processes, technology and operations. Managing technology and digital risk and establishing effective controls are at the heart of both good governance and competitive advantage.
You will be given the opportunity to engage with a broad set of high calibre individuals, continually adapting, learning and developing as you work with various teams to understand and provide assurance over cutting edge technology environments.
You will have responsibility for a portfolio of clients, with real autonomy allowing the development of leadership and management skills with real opportunity to progress and drive your career. Your role
Our Technology and Digital Risk (TDR) team offers an unequalled depth of experience in providing governance, risk, control and assurance solutions to meet our client's needs, with focus on the Corporate and Public sector (CPS). We design, implement and provide assurance over business process and technology controls to manage the risks our clients face on a day-to-day basis.
Within our CPS team you will gain a breadth of insight across a diverse range of the most prestigious corporate and public sector organisations both in the UK and internationally. You will work in a team of highly motivated individuals and have access to leading training and development opportunities, allowing you to develop both personally and technically.
Our department is growing rapidly with some fantastic success in the marketplace and offers high performing candidates quick career progression. Within the TDR CPS team, you will have the opportunity to specialise in sub-sectors such as Technology, Media & Telecoms; Consumer & Industrial Products, Life Sciences etc.
We are looking for Senior Consultants to join this dynamic and fast-growing team.
As a Senior Consultant, you will have responsibility for:
Your work, your choice
- Taking ownership of delivering client engagements ranging from IT audit and assurance work through to controls advisory projects
- Field managing delivery teams and building distinctive client relationship
- Acting as the first point of contact for clients
- Supporting and managing junior staff on the engagement team
- Building your expertise in the Corporate and Public sector to develop genuine insight for our clients, and sharing this knowledge with the wider team.
- Contributing to the development of innovative products and services that respond to market developments and the changing risk landscape.
- Playing an active role in the management of our practice, including coaching junior staff and assisting with business development
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Reading office with occasional domestic travel
This is a permanent contract opportunity. Your professional experience
To qualify for the role you will have:
Your service line: Risk Advisory
- Experience of managing and delivering technology assurance engagements or in the field of risk and control in any of the three lines of defence, and familiarity with general IT controls.
- Demonstrated ability to build effective relationships with multiple stakeholders.
- Experience of working effectively in diverse team environment.
- Ability to think creatively, generate innovative ideas, challenge the status quo and deliver effectively against challenging objectives.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience or exposure to areas such as devops, agile and cyber risk assurance is desired but not essential.
- A technology related background and or experience of data analytics is desired.
- A proactive mind-set, with the ability to take responsibility and drive key actions forward coupled with excellent oral and written communication skills to aid effective interaction with senior clients and stakeholders.
- A passion for self-improvement and the motivation to help contribute to the wider team and firm.
In Risk Advisory, our thinking and actions give clients, our people and society the confidence to grow responsibly in a rapidly changing world. We don't just work with our clients to manage risk, we help them understand and grab the opportunities it presents too, helping them gain a competitive advantage. Our expertise and industry knowledge run deep here. At Deloitte, you'll find yourself working with some of the most inspiring and experienced colleagues and with clients who trust you to lead the way to smart choices, better control frameworks, and new systems, including bespoke solutions that have a direct impact on their bottom line. Personal independence
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
About Deloitte Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent. What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world. Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Malta, the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,500 partners and over 40,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people. What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It's how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most. Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work - and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we're looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
© 2020 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 172916