Senior Associate Insurance Reading
The passion of our people, combined with access to the latest technology, helps us deliver the highest quality audits and build trust in society. We pride ourselves on our global reputation as a trusted place to do business, whilst giving our people access to the best opportunities and lots of variety through your home team, internal secondments and international assignments.
Our team helps financial organisations navigate regulatory complexity while strengthening trust and transparency in their business. Our clients cover industries within banking and capital markets, private equity, insurance, and consumer finance. While many of the rules of business have changed, the fundamentals haven't. You'll work alongside senior members of the client's management team in planning the audit process from beginning to end, ensuring completeness, accuracy, and fair presentation of our client's information.
Why join our Insurance team?
Our Insurance practice is market leading. We work with a significant number of insurance companies, including listed companies and global groups, across all areas of insurance - Life, Non-Life, Lloyd's and Broking.
This provides our staff with a varied experience and great opportunities to learn and develop.
Insurance is a £100m business with ambitious growth targets for the future, presenting all staff levels with great opportunities both in the External Audit market but also across our other propositions. You'll discover a uniquely diverse and continually expanding range of work within Assurance. In this Business Unit you will get exposure to our other propositions, including Programme Assurance, Technology and IFRS 17, as well as across others lines of services, including Actuarial and Consulting. This will give you an opportunity to build your knowledge and network as well as get involved in other assurance activities.
We also understand the importance of supporting you when you join and have implemented a structured on-boarding process giving you the skills you need.
Finally, we value a strong collaborative atmosphere and have a great calendar of social activities which you'll be invited to join, so you'll feel at home with your new team. We are also conscientious of our impact on society and have a number of initiative in place with the local community.
As a Senior Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Proactively assist in the management of several clients, while reporting to Managers and above
- Train and lead staff
- Establish effective working relationships directly with clients
- Contribute to the development of your own and team's technical acumen
- Keep up to date with local and national business and economic issues
- Be actively involved in business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new/existing clients
- Continue to develop internal relationships and your PwC brand
You will deliver a range of assurance services and business advice to a variety of clients of all sizes, providing an excellent opportunity to embed both your project management and leadership skills. You will be responsible for ensuring we deliver the highest standards of service to our clients from engagement planning, day-to-day supervision of the audit team, client liaison through to audit completion.
The way we work is changing and individuals are expected to be agile and able to transfer skills used in the delivering external audits to our other propositions.
- ACA or equivalent
- Focussed and initiative driven (required to maximise growth potential)
- Experience of working with clients in the UK Financial Services industry and more specifically Insurance industry
- A passion for delivering an exceptional client service
- Proven ability in leading audit engagements, including planning, controlling and completing a diverse range of assignments
- Strong analytical and organisational abilities
- Experience in supervising and developing staff
- Proven track record of establishing and maintaining strong client relationships
- Experience of supervising and developing staff through coaching
- Strong project management
- Knowledge of International Accounting Standards and/or US GAAP
- Strong team-working skills
- Desire for continuous improvement
- Highly developed listening and questioning techniques