Q, Tech Foundry, Reading
Your opportunity Are you excited to work with a team a team that can accelerate innovation using the latest technology solutions to the market?
The Tech Foundry at Deloitte is a brand new facility based in the centre of Reading and exists to drive innovation in the Telecoms and Technology sectors. The facility is funded by a large consulting business and is home to some of our most interesting technology innovations and a place where we showcase them to our clients in these sectors who are largely based along the M4 corridor. The Foundry has a continually evolving collection of emerging digital technology on display for clients and our people to explore and adapt to their needs. The equipment that we have on site includes 3D printers, VR systems, telepresence, robots and drones as well as state of the art AV equipment to help our clients re-invent their businesses. It's a fun and playful place with a serious objective to make a real positive business impact for our clients and society. Your role
You will own the day to day operations of the Foundry, helping organise client and staff events and using the technology that we have in the facility. She or he will learn the key topics of the day for our clients and will work with our experts in each field to design and run events to explore the latest thinking. Our innovation lab is part of the Tech Foundry and The Tech Innovator will work with client teams to prepare for and deliver tailored client workshops. The Tech Innovator will have her/his finger on the pulse of emerging technology and will keep the Foundry connected and relevant using a dedicated tech fund to invest in exciting new technology.
Your work, your choice
- Working effectively in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution.
- Organising client and staffing events to promote the technology within the faculty.
- Welcome clients and become the "go to person" of all technologies within the faculty, by being confident of explaining of their use and showing what they can do.
- Research and to keep the Foundry connected and relevant using a dedicated tech fund to invest in exciting new technology.
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: You will be based at our Reading office, with an option of working from home one day a week
Work pattern: This is a permanent contract opportunity. Your professional experience
Your service line: Tax Consulting
- Communicate the implications of complex technical concepts to senior, non-technical audiences and clients;
- Enthusiasm and general interest in new Technologies and their impact on multiple environments.
- Prior experience working independently, occasionally fast paced, and in a deadline-orientated environment;
- Experience in organising client and staffing events would be desirable;
Arguably the most stimulating career environment in our industry, tax at Deloitte is a far cry from tax at other firms. Here, it's all about collaborating with colleagues at the top of their game, across disciplines, for clients who urge us to constantly push the boundaries of our creativity. You'll find a diverse mix of people, all working together to deliver best-in-class advice. And you'll discover a structured programme that will help you develop even greater expertise. From fascinating projects to a wealth of secondment opportunities, both in the UK and overseas, you can enjoy a broad and rich career experience. About Deloitte
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent. What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world. Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Malta, the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,500 partners and over 40,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people. What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways
. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2018 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families
for the eighth consecutive year, and to have been listed in The Times Top 50 Employers for Women
for each of the last four years. Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work - and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we're looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
WPFULL SLTAXC BABUTX CFTECH LOCREA
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
© 2019 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 170682