Working in the KPMG South M&A Tax Group and focus specifically on providing tax advice in connection with UK and international transactions. We work alongside our clients and our colleagues in Transaction Services on transactions typically ranging in size from £10m upwards, providing tax structuring and tax due diligence services. The team works across all sectors ranging from financial services, infrastructure, consumer industrial markets and private equity.
We have a requirement for an Assistant Manager to work in the South Region Team, based out of Reading or Bristol.
You will deliver projects working closely alongside senior members of the team, who will provide guidance and insight in the M&A tax environment. This will provide you with the opportunity to build your M&A tax knowledge and further develop your skills base.
The role involves a mix of tax advisory services, compliance management and business development. This will include:
- Managing client relationships and becoming the focal tax point of contact.
- Understanding the client's business and identifying areas for the provision of tax and other services.
- Managing the tax compliance process (delivered by our Tax Centre of Excellence)
- Driving the tax advice on a wide range of projects.
- Managing teams and coaching and developing staff.
- Ensuring all risk procedures are adhered to.
- Co-ordinating the advice provided by other overseas KPMG teams and other skillsets (accounting and other tax teams)
- Working closely with colleagues in Transaction Services and Corporate Finance
- Developing relationships with clients and the KPMG teams.
- Understanding the client's business and helping to identify areas for the provision of tax and other services
- Being involved in business development activity
We are looking for people who are keen to work in an environment that offers plenty of opportunities for personal and professional development. Whilst working with us you will broaden your project management and technical skills and your commercial acumen. You will also have the opportunity to work with many talented people within the KPMG global network, the financial community and other professional advisers. There is also some opportunity for overseas travel in light of the nature of our work. The person best suited to a role is someone who is bright, driven, and confident and has good communication skills.
- Qualified CTA or ACA/CA or equivalent
- Strong interpersonal skills in addition to strong oral and written communication skills
- Good UK corporate tax knowledge and an awareness of other tax and accounting areas
- High level analytical skills and a commercial approach to resolving issues and providing advice
- Ability to work as part of a team and to show initiative to drive projects forward
- Ability to build client relationships.
- International Tax/ M&A Tax experience is desirable, but not essential