- Salary negotiable
- Reading, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Carpenter Farraday
- 13 Feb 18 2018-02-13
Carpenter Farraday have been exclusively mandated on a Financial Planning role by an institutional asset manager who are launching a new private client business. The group has approximately £3 billion under administration and is trusted by many of the UK’s top institutions. This new venture has been created to offer private clients the ability to invest alongside their institutional clients, staff and the founders of the firm themselves. With a strong team already in place, the business are looking to hire a Financial Planner to lead this area and help with the ambitious growth plans in place.
We are seeking an experienced individual who will be responsible for providing financial planning advice to existing clients and prospects of the firm, developing new business flows and providing a high quality advice service, which is compliant, technically sound and documented effectively.
Background and experience necessary:
- Competent Adviser status with proven advisory experience.
- Private client experience.
- Smartly presented and articulate with the gravitas to communicate with truly high net worth sophisticated customers.
- Candidates should demonstrate the desire to work within a fee based environment.
- Candidates must have a sound knowledge of financial matters, UK/Global economy and financial products. Proven ability to generate new business and evidence of strong networking ability are essential. It is necessary that candidates know how to identify cross selling opportunities.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
- Meeting and fact finding customers of the business and providing them with fee based independent financial advice.
- Specific advice areas will be in the Retirement, Inheritance and Protection planning as well as Savings, Investment and general tax planning.
- Preparation of proposal letters setting out clearly what is to be done and for what cost.
- Preparation of advice letters/reports which are technically proficient.
- Assisting the Investment Managers and Sales team in finding suitable customer referrals.
- Attending both internal and external marketing events.
- Close liaison with all of the Professional Services team.
- Strong interpersonal and verbal/ written skills
- Experience in Financial Planning
- Very presentable and confident in facing clients
- A hunger to succeed
- Excellent presentation skills
This is a unique opportunity to work within a high quality entrepreneurial environment, alongside a team of highly experienced individuals who have a fantastic track record of winning business. Equity in the business will be available for the right candidate.