Corporate Tax Manager
Job Description Summary:
Come and think independently with an organisation that's doing the same. We're determined to help shape a Vibrant Economy in the UK and beyond. It's why we empower our people to bring new ideas to the table and take the lead in driving them forward. It's invigorating. It's inspiring. It's creating opportunities every day for our clients, our business, and everyone here. So bring your passion, ambitions and ideas, and together, let's make change happen.
The Thames Valley and Southampton Direct Tax team is led by two partners and one director and comprises more than 40 people. We deliver tax expertise and strategic business advice to clients of all sizes (including both large corporates and small and medium-sized businesses). In everything we do our aim is to deliver tailored, proactive and value add service to our clients and we want to develop and grow our advisory offering even further. Job Description: Our dynamic team is seeking a manager to join us on our journey:
Who we're looking for:
- you will lead client relationships and, together with the senior team, deliver solutions on stand alone advisory projects
- you will also facilitate a smooth compliance process for key clients, with the associated ad hoc advice
- you will be an integral part of the Thames Valley team but will build your wider network by working with other specialists across Grant Thornton
- business development is fundamental to our success and you'll be involved in growing the business whether that's through identifying opportunities on existing clients by developing the client relationship or winning new work
- great relationships built on trust underpin our work. In addition to lots of client interaction you will also be a role model for junior members of the team, supporting and championing their development and being involved in our coaching and upskilling efforts
- you will be ACA or CTA qualified with post qualification experience (minimum requirement)
- you will be technically strong and will have existing advisory experience which you are keen to further develop
Passionate about supporting, advising and helping businesses achieve their potential, you'll be someone who wants to make a difference and shape your career and a Vibrant Economy. You'll have strong technical skills and experience of providing clients with quality services.
You should be commercially focused with the ability to deliver innovative solutions. You should be focused on self-development as well as having the desire to coach, mentor and develop your colleagues. You must also share our CLEARR values - Collaboration, Leadership, Excellence, Agility, Respect and Responsibility.
We're looking for people who have a strong connection with and share our core beliefs:
- Profit with a purpose that leads to a sustainable business
- We create sustainable value for our clients
- We are better together
- Our CLEARR values underpin all we do
- We never compromise on quality
Your personal development plan will help you grow your skills. And you'll be able to progress your career within your team or by moving across our business or going on secondments in the UK and beyond. You'll also enjoy a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package designed to meet your individual needs.
The time you spend outside of work helps shape what you can bring to our firm. We value the commitments you may have outside of work and will consider all flexible working applications. Becoming a shared enterprise
Our unique culture is built around collaboration. Everybody here plays their part. We share ideas. We share responsibility. We share the rewards. Put simply, we're better together.