A critical role, focusing on late-stage collections and recoveries.
You will be working on insolvency cases, assessing the best course of recovery and ensuring appointed Insolvency Practitioners are made aware of our claim and any interests held.
Activities will include;
- Insolvency case work to include maximising recoveries where appropriate including enforcement of guarantees.
- Dealing with late-stage collection cases directly and indirectly with appointed third party debt collection agents.
- Liaising with appointed third-party debt collection agents regarding problem cases.
- Negotiating informal payment arrangements, ensuring payment plans are maintained and taking the necessary proactive action if required.
- Refering legal action where appropriate, preparing documents and liaising with external solicitors within set timescales,
- Monthly reporting for all write-off and recovery cases.
- Assisting Customer Services in ensuring the timely invoicing and allocation of bad debt recovery payments received
- Investigating and resolving customer queries
- Maintaining customer records
You will bring previous collections/recoveries experience including dealing with litigation/insolvency matters, ideally with experience in Asset Finance.
You will also need an ability to work independently and strong attention to detail, along with excellent written and verbal communication skills About Commodities and Global Markets
Commodities and Global Markets provides clients with an integrated, end-to-end offering across global markets including equities, fixed income, foreign exchange and commodities. Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths, and an inclusive workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of 'empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future', we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
As an inclusive employer, Macquarie does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
Joining Macquarie means you'll be able to work in a way that suits you best. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.