Associate Director - Tax
Job Description Summary:
Join us and you'll shape more than just your career. We believe we're best positioned to make a meaningful impact on the economy. Every day we provide a diverse range of organisations with the kind of business and financial advice it takes to do this. Our ideas and insight empower our clients to make big decisions about the future and unlock sustainable growth. Through our fresh thinking and agile working, we help businesses, communities and our people to flourish.
We value the commitments you may have outside of work and will consider all flexible working applications.
The work we do with our clients is hugely important. They rely on us to make sure they understand the complex and ever-changing tax system. Join us and you'll help manage clients' global indirect tax risks, providing innovative tax solutions and advice to your clients. You'll help them to understand their indirect tax position and better manage their tax risk. And in turn you'll help them achieve their business goals, enable them to grow sustainably and in turn help to shape a vibrant economy. Job Description: The VAT Team:
Our VAT team helps manage clients' global indirect tax risks which, as transactional taxes, can quickly become big liabilities. Our large experienced team focus on indirect taxes as UK VAT, international VAT and GST (Goods and Service Tax), and customs duties. We help our clients understand their indirect tax position, better manage their tax risk, we help improve their cash flow and find efficiencies through better processes, systems and controls.
The South Indirect Tax team has leveraged its purpose driven approach and clear market focus to deliver consistent rapid and profitable growth year on year. The team has considerable experience across many industry sectors, works collegiately, and prides itself on its technical strength. An opportunity has arisen for a market focused, enthusiastic, and commercially minded Associate Director to join the team in the Reading office to lead in the Thames Valley and support the continuing success of the regional team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Key market facing role within the tax practice.
• Leading on indirect tax business development activities in the Thames Valley to develop relationships and deliver profitable revenue growth.
• Managing the practice in the Thames Valley to ensure the team meet or exceed key firm KPI's.
• Working with the wider indirect tax team to deliver high quality and commercially appropriate indirect tax advice and a distinctive client experience to new and existing clients.
• Effective delegation to and mentoring of junior staff to enhance their professional and technical skills.
• Integrating across the wider firm and building an internal network of colleagues from all service lines
• Representing the firm at firm sponsored and external events.
• Working with colleagues in other service lines to generate new opportunities and deliver seamless client service. Education, experience and qualifications:
o Enthusiastic, personable, commercially minded
o Good broad technical knowledge and proven business development skills
o Excellent verbal and written communication skills
o you'll possess working knowledge of UK corporate tax legislation
o you'll have reviewed work and supervised staff in a tax environment ( minimum requirement)
Passionate about supporting, advising and helping businesses achieve their potential, you'll be someone who wants to make a difference and shape your career and a Vibrant Economy. You'll have strong technical skills and experience of providing clients with quality services.
You should be commercially focused with the ability to deliver innovative solutions. You should be focused on self-development as well as having the desire to coach, mentor and develop your colleagues. You must also share our CLEARR values - Collaboration, Leadership, Excellence, Agility, Respect and Responsibility.
We're looking for people who have a strong connection with and share our core beliefs:
• Profit with a purpose that leads to a sustainable business
• We create sustainable value for our clients
• We are better together
• Our CLEARR values underpin all we do
• We never compromise on quality