Local Pensions Partnership (LPP) is an award-winning pension services business with offices across the UK. We are currently seeking a number of Pension Administrators to join our team in Preston.
This is an interesting and varied role which will include processing a variety of complex queries, pension benefits and administration for members of several different pension schemes including Local Government, police and fire pension schemes.
Our roles are service driven and we need employees with good IT skills who can work effectively on their own initiative as well as being an effective team player.
As you would expect from a pension organisation LPP offers employees access to an excellent pension scheme with 12.4% employer contributions, 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays). Our offices in central Preston are easily accessible by road, rail and public transport.
We offer a 37 hour working week, with flexibility in working pattern for the right candidate. LPP provides an environment of continuous personal and professional development to support employees in reaching their full potential to deliver our vision ‘to be a leading pension services business’.
- To process and check a wide range of complex pensions case, utilising appropriate systems and tools.
- Deal with complaints in respect of the schemes administered by the Company
- Ensure that service level targets and deadlines are met in respect the areas of casework undertaken and that all work is carried out in a timely and accurate manner including when responding to member queries.
- To have a good understanding of current pension regulations and overriding legislation and to actively maintain an up to date knowledge
- Liaise with members, customers and employers maintaining good relationships and obtaining information in respect of the work undertaken by Pension Administration teams.
- Treat information security with the upmost respect, dealing appropriately with sensitive and confidential information within Service protocol/guidelines
- To be successful in the role you should be able to demonstrate:
- Significant practical working experience in a pension administration role, including knowledge of appropriate regulations
- Proven ability to undertake detailed mathematical calculations accurately
- Good IT skills with an ability to use systems and processes relevant to pension administration
- Previous experience of working to deadlines where attention to detail is key
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- A recognised pension administration qualification or working towards (desirable)
- A willingness to work in line with our values:
- Working together
- Committed to excellence
- Doing the right thing
- Forward thinking
Please note that candidates who are invited to interview may be asked to complete technical tests as part of their assessment.
LPP is keen to promote a diverse workforce to maximise their ability to provide quality services to all their customers. All applicants who are known to be disabled and who meet the minimum criteria for the role will progress to the next stage of the recruitment process.
You can find out more about LPP by visiting our website www.localpensionspartnership.org.uk.