Senior Fund Administrator
Canada Life UK looks after the retirement, investment and protection needs of individuals, families and companies. We help to build better futures for our customers, our intermediaries and our employees by operating as a modern, agile and welcoming organisation.
Part of our parent company Great-West Lifeco, Canada Life UK has operated in the United Kingdom since 1903. We have hundreds of respected and supported employees committed to doing the right thing for our customers and colleagues.
Canada Life UK is transforming to create a more customer-focused business by providing our customers with expertise on financial and tax planning, offering home finance and annuities propositions, and providing collective fund solutions to third party customers. This position is being recruited as a 6 month fixed term contract
The role is within the Investment Operations area of the Investment Financial Services Department, which provides professional Investment Services to multiple clients with Assets under administration of approx. £35bn.
Reporting into the Unit Pricing, the role will not have any direct reports but is responsible for performing and overseeing the business-critical day to day Unit Pricing tasks, which serve Unit Linked, Non-Linked and Solvency II stakeholders. The assets held include Collective Investments, Equities, Fixed Interest, Derivatives and Cash Instruments such as Money Market Funds, Certificates of Deposit etc.
Tasks include but are not limited to -
- Sourcing, validating and processing into the investment systems -
- Unit Price/NAV calculations for Unit Linked Life and Pension funds
- Collation of customer cash flows for trading purposes
- Collateral Management in relation to derivatives positions
- Custody cash and stock reconciliations
- Ownership and resolution of Operational issues.
- Reporting and remediation of NAV Errors
- Dealing with queries, operational issues and escalations.
- Maintaining KPI's and MI
- Working on small change projects and larger Company driven initiatives
Success in the job will be evidenced by contributions to day to day operational performance and KPI's (e.g. Accurate and timely provision of Asset Servicing data to Investment systems and SII data repository, minimal business errors / Losses etc.) as well as contributions to Continuous Process Improvement.
Desired Knowledge / Experience / Skills
- Significant expertise in the Fund Accounting for Collective Investments would be desirable.
- Experience of working with the ICON, Multifonds, GBST Composer, Bloomberg AIM/terminal systems would be an advantage.
- Experience of managing and controlling complex processes to meet deadlines, in a sometimes high pressure environment.
- Experience of contributing to and working on change projects, both large and small, whilst concurrently delivering excellent business as usual services.
- Able to discuss detailed and technical issues with senior investment personnel with confidence.
- Demonstrably high level of accuracy and attention to detail is a must.
- Broad working knowledge of the investment operations back office outside of Asset Servicing would be an advantage.
- An understanding of basic accounting principles with strong numeric and system skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Team player.
- Proactive and logical approach to continuous improvement initiatives, problem solving & managing issues.
- Ability to learn and understand processes with a view to identifying issues and minimising impacts to the team and the wider department.
- Ability to work collaboratively and adjust to fluctuating work volumes. Essential Qualifications:
5 GCSE's A-C including Maths and English (or equivalent).
CISI Investment Operations Certificate (IOC) with Asset Servicing or Collective Investment Schemes technical units or qualified by experience. Ideal Qualifications:
Additional CISI Investment/Operations related qualifications/exam passes or equivalent e.g. IMC
Part qualified to CIMA certificate or ACCA Fundamentals level. What you'll like about working here
As a Canada Life UK colleague, you'll receive a competitive salary and comprehensive reward package including income protection, private medical insurance and life assurance, along with a generous pension and bonus scheme. You'll also receive the support you need with your personal and professional development. Diversity and inclusion
Canada Life is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer of choice is to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences