Senior Actuary (Bulk Annuity team)
Canada Life UK looks after the retirement, investment and protection needs of individuals, families and companies. We help to build better futures for our customers, our intermediaries and our employees by operating as a modern, agile and welcoming organisation.
Part of our parent company Great-West Lifeco, Canada Life UK has operated in the United Kingdom since 1903. We have hundreds of respected and supported employees committed to doing the right thing for our customers and colleagues.
Canada Life UK is transforming to create a more customer-focused business by providing our customers with expertise on financial and tax planning, offering home finance and annuities propositions, and providing collective fund solutions to third party customers.
There is an opportunity for 2 qualified actuaries to join the bulk annuity pricing team. Successful applicants will be involved in providing pricing recommendations, developing our bulk annuity proposition to be scalable for future growth and supporting client relationship management.
- Reviewing quotations and providing pricing recommendations for bulk annuity buy-ins and buy-outs
- Liaising with investment front office to identify suitable assets to support bulk annuity transactions
- Reviewing legal agreements and contributing to contract negotiations with external stakeholders
- Supporting business development and relationship management (meeting with clients, managing pipeline etc.)
- Contributing to the development of Canada Life's pricing bases and pricing models that adhere to Canada Life's risk tolerances and are scalable for future growth
- Managing stakeholders and ensuring compliance with risk governance
- Keeping abreast of industry issues and developments to ensure the business processes and strategies are in line with the industry
- Provide appropriate support to managers and others to implement recommendations/facilitate change to support the requirements of the business
Desired Knowledge / Experience / Skills
- Strong knowledge of UK Defined Benefit pensions
- Familiarity with bulk annuity market and products
- Understanding of capital modelling and profit testing
- Experience of managing stakeholders
- Strong communication skills (able to communicate technical issues to senior people including non-actuaries)
- Understanding and ability to implement/maintain an actuarial control framework
- Qualified actuary What you'll like about working here
As a Canada Life UK colleague, you'll receive a competitive salary and comprehensive reward package including income protection, private medical insurance and life assurance, along with a generous pension and bonus scheme. You'll also receive the support you need with your personal and professional development. Diversity and inclusion
Canada Life is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer of choice is to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences