Senior Actuarial Assistant
Canada Life UK looks after the retirement, investment and protection needs of individuals, families and companies. We help to build better futures for our customers, our intermediaries and our employees by operating as a modern, agile and welcoming organisation.
Part of our parent company Great-West Lifeco, Canada Life UK has operated in the United Kingdom since 1903. We have hundreds of respected and supported employees committed to doing the right thing for our customers and colleagues.
Canada Life UK is transforming to create a more customer-focused business by providing our customers with expertise on financial and tax planning, offering home finance and annuities propositions, and providing collective fund solutions to third party customers.
We now need a Senior Actuarial Assistant to support the IFRS 17 Project team for a 12 month fixed term contract or secondment.
Successful applicants will be involved in a number of work streams, including testing of actuarial and finance systems, balance sheet quantifications, transition and change management activity.
Please note that this position is not intended for any internal applicants at Canada Life who are already on the student rotation scheme.
• Assisting with the development of the IFRS 17 accounting policy framework
• Working with the UK Development team to guide Prophet developments
• Testing systems and services being developed by the local and global development teams
• Preparing materials for meetings with management and other stakeholders
• Assisting with dry run valuation exercises and other balance sheet quantifications
Desired Knowledge / Experience / Skills
• Knowledge and understanding of actuarial valuation
• Good understanding of UK insurance industry and products
• Familiarity with Prophet, other actuarial systems and Microsoft Office
• Familiarity with IFRS 17
• Strong communication skills (able to convey technical issues to colleagues including senior managers and non-actuaries)
• Understanding and ability to implement/maintain an actuarial control framework
• Ability to produce high quality output within agreed timescales
• Part qualified actuary and would also consider qualified by experience if have the relevant skill set
What you'll like about working here
As a Canada Life UK colleague, you'll receive a competitive salary and comprehensive reward package including income protection, private medical insurance and life assurance, along with a generous pension and bonus scheme. You'll also receive the support you need with your personal and professional development.
Diversity and inclusion
Canada Life is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer of choice is to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences