Canada Life UK looks after the retirement, investment and protection needs of individuals, families and companies. We help to build better futures for our customers, our intermediaries and our employees by operating as a modern, agile and welcoming organisation.
Part of our parent company Great-West Lifeco, Canada Life UK has operated in the United Kingdom since 1903. We have hundreds of respected and supported employees committed to doing the right thing for our customers and colleagues.
Canada Life UK is transforming to create a more customer-focused business by providing our customers with expertise on financial and tax planning, offering home finance and annuities propositions, and providing collective fund solutions to third party customers.
The role holder is responsible for providing a customer focused administrative support for a range of activities as well as data analysis and reporting to the Reward Team.
This role is responsible for management of the Reward inbox (PX Reward Help) triaging enquiries that come into the inbox to team members and being the first port of call to respond to all general enquiries. The role requires a strong customer orientated approach and a focus on effective and productive working relationships to support the development and delivery of a seamless, customer focused PX experience to managers, staff and other stakeholders.
This role is also responsible for providing analysis and reporting support to a number of key Reward activities such as the annual review cycle, production of regular benefits reporting such as the pension contribution, benefits scorecard and providing support for data management activities as required as well as maintaining all knowledge repositories in the reward space such as sharepoint, intranet and information held in benefits portals.
This position is being recruited as a 12 month fixed term contract and will be located in our Potters Bar office.
- Manage the Reward inboxes and effectively and efficiently deal with enquiries to deliver a positive customer experience, providing information on a range of PX policies and procedures as required.
- Assist with providing comprehensive analytical support to key reward initiatives through the use of Excel and database reporting for annual salary review processes, market benchmarking, functional remuneration, benefit and incentive schemes
- Establish and maintain appropriate files and records on the PX drives and Reward folders and maintain the integrity and quality of the Compensation data on the PX database ensuring accuracy at all times. Ensure that all files and documents remain compliant with the GDPR requirements as per Stored IQ.
- Maintain the Reward documents on the intranet site and other knowledge repositories to ensure that all documents are always kept updated.
- Assist the Benefits partner with the wellbeing agenda by preparing MI data as required and by supporting the Wellbeing events and the Wellbeing Champion Network.
- Own the monthly pension process, overseeing the reconciliation of the monthly reporting and working closely with Payroll, People Services and the pension provider to ensure that payment is reconcile and processed accurately and on time.
Desired Knowledge / Experience / Skills
• Some previous experience of working in People Experience or a Reward function
• Strong analytical and numerical skills and confidence to manipulate large volumes of data
• Intermediate use of Microsoft office - Excel, PowerPoint and Word
• Previous experience with Success Factors HR system (desirable)
• Ability to juggle multiple conflicting deadlines which typically occur during our busy period
• Able to draw on strong emotional intelligence to enable an effective and positive partnering approach to colleagues and stakeholders
• Able to work within a virtual team, with colleagues and stakeholders spread across multiple locations
• Strong delivery and customer focus
• Communicates clearly and effectively across all levels of employee
• Ability to engage colleagues and stakeholders, building trust and credibility
• Ability to apply analytical and structured thinking to solve problems
• Some knowledge of data analytic techniques and metrics
• Degree level qualifications or equivalent
• Relevant experience in relevant HR specialist topic (Desirable)
• Membership status of the CIPD (Desirable)
• Completion of or aiming to complete Reward Management Certificate (or some modules thereof) (Desirable) What you'll like about working here
As a Canada Life UK colleague, you'll receive a competitive salary and comprehensive reward package including income protection, private medical insurance and life assurance, along with a generous pension and bonus scheme. You'll also receive the support you need with your personal and professional development. Diversity and inclusion
Canada Life is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer of choice is to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences