Post Room Assistant
Canada Life UK looks after the retirement, investment and protection needs of individuals, families and companies. We help to build better futures for our customers, our intermediaries and our employees by operating as a modern, agile and welcoming organisation.
Part of our parent company Great-West Lifeco, Canada Life UK has operated in the United Kingdom since 1903. We have hundreds of respected and supported employees committed to doing the right thing for our customers and colleagues.
Canada Life UK is transforming to create a more customer-focused business by providing our customers with expertise on financial and tax planning, offering home finance and annuities propositions, and providing collective fund solutions to third party customers.
- To provide an effective digital mail service that meets the needs of the business
What You'll Do
- Open and sort incoming mail items from Royal Mail and external couriers.
- Prepare and scan post items to end users to an agreed level of quality
- Logging in and keeping accurate records of all Special/Recorded delivery items received at Head Office. Process treasured documents using corporate procedures 10%
- Despatch of parcels using most efficient and cost-effective methods.
- Performing small/medium sized mailshots using mailroom machinery (automatic inserter/franking machine/inhouse high capacity printers)
Who You Are
- Good working knowledge of MS Office products
- Conscientious of standards, with excellent attention to detail
- A "Can Do", positive attitude towards the FM team reaching its objectives
- Able to operate the full range of Post Room systems and procedures
- Able to support/guide other staff on procedures and processes
- Ability to operate in a fast paced, dynamic environment and able to work under pressure
What you'll like about working here
- Communication and Influencing
- Operational Excellence and Process Improvement
- Planning and Organising
- Team Working and Cross Functional Collaboration
As a Canada Life UK colleague, you'll receive a competitive salary and comprehensive reward package including income protection, private medical insurance and life assurance, along with a generous pension and bonus scheme. You'll also receive the support you need with your personal and professional development. Diversity and inclusion
Canada Life is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer of choice is to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences