Duration: 6 months Location: Potters Bar
Canada Life UK looks after the retirement, investment and protection needs of individuals, families and companies. We help to build better futures for our customers, our intermediaries and our employees by operating as a modern, agile and welcoming organisation.
Part of our parent company Great-West Lifeco, Canada Life UK has operated in the United Kingdom since 1903. We have hundreds of respected and supported employees committed to doing the right thing for our customers and colleagues.
Canada Life UK is transforming to create a more customer-focused business by providing our customers with expertise on financial and tax planning, offering home finance and annuities propositions, and providing collective fund solutions to third party customers.
To provide customer-centric HR support services to the business and wider HR function - Administering all elements of the employee life cycle including Resourcing, Referencing (including SIMR, CIFAs and SIRA checks for all job grades) L&D, HR Admin, Payroll, Benefits, Parental Leave, Absence and OD support whilst adhering to Canada Life HR policies and procedures. Seeking opportunities for continuous improvement to ensure all HR systems, customer data and systemic processes are up to date and accurate and key risks within HR Support are controlled and regulations adhered to.
- Act as first point of contact for line managers, employees and candidates for any HR support services, ensuring a customer-centric right first time approach, responding to all employee and line manager HR enquiries within the HR Service Centre's remit, using in-depth knowledge of Canada Life people policies, payroll, employment law and HR best practice. Where appropriate, refer enquiries to other parts of HR to facilitate an answer to the customer.
- Maintain the accuracy of HR databases including Success Factors responding in a timely and efficient manner to requests from the business, candidates and wider HR function producing and issuing letters to employees ensuring that GDPR activity is fully embedded within HR Service Centre Team and that ongoing activity is actioned in adherence with these regulations.
- Effectively case manage maternity (and adoption) cases - providing 1:1 support, advice and processing for employees who are pregnant or adopting a child, ensuring that their line managers understand and follow the process correctly and the employee is effectively supported through this period.
- To provide both proactive and reactive support to line managers on sickness absence cases, ensuring that the Canada Life sick pay policy is correctly and consistently applied and that the Early Intervention Service is activated in all cases following discussion and agreement with the relevant HR Business Partner.
- Carry out monthly, annual and ad hoc checks with regard to ongoing regulatory referencing requirements; F&P checks and Visa, taking ownership via case management - providing 1:1 support and advice to the employee /candidate whilst ensuring line managers are kept informed with progress where appropriate.
- Support TA Advisors to coordinate interview schedules (including coordinating the participants, space and any required equipment and technology) preparing and processing all candidate offer letters and new hire packages and candidate vetting process to ensure the candidate experience is seamless, timely and professional at all times.
Desired Knowledge / Experience / Skills
• Knowledge of basic employment law, pay and taxation and
• Knowledge of HR processes and procedures
• Previous experience in an HR Administration/Service delivery team would be advantageous
• Experience of using HR databases, e.g. SAP Success Factors.
• Strong PC skills - Word, Excel PowerPoint and Outlook
• Excellent customer focus
• Excellent telephone manner and ability to establish credibility and rapport with employees and managers at all levels
• Ability to craft accurate and clear email replies in response to email enquiries
• Ability to work at a fast pace and manage changing priorities and varied tasks whilst being organised
• Ability to work as part of a team and have a flexible approach to facilitate the team priorities
• Strong admin and organisational skills.
• High levels of attention to detail and accuracy and ability to manage own workload.
• Ability to use problem solving techniques and initiative
• Positive "can do" attitude and curiosity to make improvements
• Ability to apply systems thinking approach to continuous improvement activity
• Excellent understanding of Risk and how managed within HR Support
- Studying towards a CIPD qualification would be an advantange What you'll like about working here
As a Canada Life UK colleague, you'll receive a competitive salary and comprehensive reward package including income protection, private medical insurance and life assurance, along with a generous pension and bonus scheme. You'll also receive the support you need with your personal and professional development. Diversity and inclusion
Canada Life is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer of choice is to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences