Finance Data Quality Manager
Canada Life UK looks after the retirement, investment and protection needs of individuals, families and companies. We help to build better futures for our customers, our intermediaries and our employees by operating as a modern, agile and welcoming organisation.
Part of our parent company Great-West Lifeco, Canada Life UK has operated in the United Kingdom since 1903. We have hundreds of respected and supported employees committed to doing the right thing for our customers and colleagues.
Canada Life UK is transforming to create a more customer-focused business by providing our customers with expertise on financial and tax planning, offering home finance and annuities propositions, and providing collective fund solutions to third party customers.
This is a 12 month fixed term contract or secondment and will be located in our Potters Bar office
This role will also be responsible for developing and embedding a Data Strategy; managing and enhancing (where required) data management procedures and processes in line with the developed Data Strategy across Finance to ensure the availability of timely, accurate and complete data.
Responsible for data vendor oversight and day to day service relationship management to ensure that service standards are agreed and defined for all data vendor relationships and that mechanisms are in place to monitor delivery and manage / resolve issues to ensure that data provided by 3rd parties is timely, accurate and complete.
Responsible for developing and embedding a data quality dashboard: to define "what good looks like" in terms of data quality KPIs and targets and to enable CLUK Finance to measure and monitor data quality across key systems and processes.
Responsible for developing [and enhancing] controlled "single source of the truth" data repositories and data checks and controls used in investment, financial and actuarial processes and interfaces to increase "right first time / once and done" activities and thereby reduce failure demand.
Central point of co-ordination for wider projects for finance related data issues (including migrations) and with 3rd party data providers to ensure that data feeds are timely, accurate and complete and compliant with the Data strategy and related standards, policies and processes.
The primary focus of this role is data quality, to leverage synergies and enable the delivery of quality data the role will also assume responsibility for System Support across Finance including consideration of greater use of automation including data storage, data feeds, reporting and analytical solutions, artificial intelligence (AI), robotics and data management. The nature of this work focuses on configuring and maintaining Finance systems, interfaces, reports and data flows backed by robust analytical processes to design and deliver viable business solutions.
1. Responsible for developing, embedding and managing a Data Strategy and Data Quality across Finance and for liaising with system vendors and internal stakeholders to maintain a Finance Systems Roadmap
2. Responsible for developing, implementing and managing Data Management and System Support Procedures and processes in accordance with the Data Strategy and in line with existing Data Governance Operating Policy and associated Data Governance Standards and other related Policies and Standards as applicable across Finance.
3. Responsible for Finance System Support, Data Vendor Oversight and Relationship Management including:
• Ensure that service standards are agreed and defined in line with Finance agreed strategy, standards and policies for all data vendor relationships and that mechanisms are in place to monitor delivery
• Ensure that issues are managed and resolved and that service reviews are conducted, and responsible for quarterly reporting of vendor contract service performance to Supplier Governance and Procurement team
• Manage the day to day service relationship with the main finance data vendors and internally for system support.
• Monitor the usage of data received to maximise value obtained and to ensure compliance with relevant contracts and licences
• Managing and reporting on the data budget and participate in the negotiation of licenses and management of contracts with 3rd party data vendors
Managing the provision of appropriate support for relevant Finance systems and interfaces ensuring controlled process for development and ownership of new reports and effective testing of any system changes as a result of process changes or upgrades. Also to manage process and controls around system access rights for Finance function.
Responsible for developing and enhancing controlled "single source of the truth" data repositories and data checks and controls used in investment, financial and actuarial processes to increase "right first time / once and done" activities and thereby reduce failure demand.
4. Proactively support CLUK-wide projects finance related data issues including data migrations, new product launches and other client activity in a controlled manner by ensuring the availability of timely, complete and accurate reference and static data to support production. Design and implement effective alternative data procurement solutions as required.
5. Responsible for developing and embedding a system data quality dashboard: to define "what good looks like" in terms of data quality KPIs and targets and to enable CLUK Finance to measure and monitor data quality across key systems and processes.
6. This role demonstrates adherence to the data governance requirements for Finance systems data and, maintenance of issues and remediation logs and resolving issues identified in a timely manner.
Desired Knowledge / Experience / Skills
• Extensive experience of managing data quality in a financial services environment
• Extensive experience of managing 3rd party data vendors
• Extensive experience of understanding "what good looks like "re data quality standards
• Extensive knowledge of finance, actuarial and investment system data structures and interactions
• Sound knowledge of finance, actuarial and investment systems and financial control processes.
• Good experience within the Life and Pensions industry
Recognised accounting qualification (CIMA/ACCA) or equivalent
Recognised investment qualification - eg CISI or equivalent
Recognised IT/ Data analytics/quality professional qualification/ accreditation
What you'll like about working here
As a Canada Life UK colleague, you'll receive a competitive salary and comprehensive reward package including income protection, private medical insurance and life assurance, along with a generous pension and bonus scheme. You'll also receive the support you need with your personal and professional development.
Diversity and inclusion
Canada Life is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer of choice is to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences