Job closing date: 31st October 2021
Canada Life UK looks after the retirement, investment and protection needs of individuals, families and companies. We help to build better futures for our customers, our intermediaries and our employees by operating as a modern, agile and welcoming organisation.
Part of our parent company Great-West Lifeco, Canada Life UK has operated in the United Kingdom since 1903. We have hundreds of respected and supported employees committed to doing the right thing for our customers and colleagues.
Canada Life UK is transforming to create a more customer-focused business by providing our customers with expertise on financial and tax planning, offering home finance and annuities propositions, and providing collective fund solutions to third party customers.
- To provide an effective and efficient maintenance service to all CLUK sites
- Carry out general internal and external maintenance as allocated by Contracts Manager, ensuring all works are carried out in strict compliance with current H&S guidance in order to ensure the safety of individuals and to in such a way that detrimental impact on the business is removed. All tasks to be undertaken for Potters Bar, Bristol, Isle of Man and London Offices
- Liaise and assist all facilities department staff and contractors including Engineering, Cleaning and Security where required and ensure all tasks are carried out in accordance with corporate and regulatory standards
- Manage operational contracts as allocated to the required corporate and regulatory standards
- Carry out PAT testing for equipment not regularly used in office sites
- Provide support to other members of the Facilities team, including health and safety and accounting activities as required to ensure all tasks are delivered in line with corporate and regulatory requirements
Desired Knowledge / Experience / Skills
- Familiar with full range of maintenance tasks carries out in a modern office environment
- Able to provide an efficient porterage service
- Able to prioritise workloads effectively and work unsupervised when required, ensuring compliance to all processes and procedures
- Holder of a full clean driving license
- Be flexible to travel to other Canada Life offices within reason and subject to business requirements
- Able to use power tools safely and effectively.
- Manual Handling training
- Effective use of power tools
- PASMA trained
What you'll like about working here
As a Canada Life UK colleague, you'll receive a competitive salary and comprehensive reward package including income protection, private medical insurance and life assurance, along with a generous pension and bonus scheme. You'll also receive the support you need with your personal and professional development.
Diversity and inclusion
Canada Life is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer of choice is to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences